"Cycling is not a sport"

Old July 27th 03, 07:10 PM
Nick Burns

Default "Cycling is not a sport"

"john riley" wrote in message
om...
So says SF Gate columnist:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...003/07/22/fool
227.DTL

Put him in your kill file!

Old August 21st 03, 01:11 AM

Cycling is not a sport? Who gives a **** if some fat assed so called
writer doesn't think it's a sport. Anyone who gets out on the bike in
the early morning to ride or who trains to race in the local criteriums
knows it's a sport. If by OUR definition it's a sport.... It's a sport.
He obviously hasn't spent even 1 minute to see what cycling is all about
or the article would not have been written. Don't waste one more minute
getting upset with this moron. He's not worth it............

Robert Oliver wrote:

It took a while, but we have one of our first "cycling is not a sport"
articles of the year, along with a healthy dose of anti-Lanceism:

http://sports.espn.go.com/page2/s/armstrong/030718.html

The author doesn't actually seem to have watched any of this year's tour,
but that's not surprising, as those that write this kind of drivel rarely
know what they are talking about.

Old August 23rd 03, 04:18 PM
Lewis Panama

Richard Adams wrote in message ...
Probably about the same as those who are pushing for Contract Bridge to
be included as an olympic "sport". (I'm not making this up!)

Here's just one link:

http://www.acbl.org/tournaments/wbf/ioc/ioc.htm

Don't forget ballroom dancing.

http://www.dancescape.com/info/world/

Just waltz or rhumba down to the second heading on the page "DanceSport and
the Olympics"

Old August 23rd 03, 09:31 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Lewis Panama" wrote in message
news

Richard Adams wrote in message ...
Probably about the same as those who are pushing for Contract Bridge to
be included as an olympic "sport". (I'm not making this up!)

Here's just one link:

http://www.acbl.org/tournaments/wbf/ioc/ioc.htm

Don't forget ballroom dancing.

http://www.dancescape.com/info/world/

Just waltz or rhumba down to the second heading on the page "DanceSport

and
the Olympics"

At least there are scantily clad women involved. I can watch scantily clad
women.

The worst is curling.

Old August 24th 03, 12:48 AM
TritonRider

From: "Lewis Panama"

Don't forget ballroom dancing.

http://www.dancescape.com/info/world/

Just waltz or rhumba down to the second heading on the page "DanceSport and
the Olympics"

At least if it's "Swing" it can be pretty aerobic. Working on and off with
college/regional theater groups I can tell you that the serious dance types are
usually incredibly fit and athletic. Not many Fatty Masters there.
Bil C
Old August 24th 03, 04:59 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"warren" wrote in message
In article , Kurgan
Gringioni wrote:

"Lewis Panama" wrote in message
news

Richard Adams wrote in message ...
Probably about the same as those who are pushing for Contract Bridge

be included as an olympic "sport". (I'm not making this up!)

Here's just one link:

http://www.acbl.org/tournaments/wbf/ioc/ioc.htm

Don't forget ballroom dancing.

http://www.dancescape.com/info/world/

Just waltz or rhumba down to the second heading on the page

"DanceSport
and
the Olympics"

At least there are scantily clad women involved. I can watch scantily

clad
women.

The worst is curling.

Would you rather see pale, flabby, cheese-eaters sliding stones on the
ice?

No. I'd rather watch ballroom dancing. scantily clad women.

Old August 24th 03, 09:35 PM
Lewis Panama

Dashi Toshii wrote in message ...

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message ...

"Lewis Panama" wrote in message
news

At least there are scantily clad women involved. I can watch scantily

clad
women.

The worst is curling.

I guess you have never seen Japanese Gate Ball then.

And if you did you would be happy that they aren't scantily clad!

http://www.zenshuji.org/activ_gateball.html

"Although the game does not require much strength nor a high level of skill
honed by years of diligent practice, the tension and drama rises to
unbearable heights as each team tries to outmaneuver the other with subtle
shifts in strategy."

Old August 25th 03, 04:10 PM
Sbtypesetter

Cycling couldn't possibly be a sport, after all,
there's no strategy involved, no mental sparring...
well wait, I guess it does have that, but really,
just how hard could it be to churn out 300 watts
for four to five hours each day for 21 days?
Certainly not in the same class as say, basketball.
A fine sport that puts convicts on the courts and
them out of the crimnal courts...for a while.

Runner's Knee and Cycling Running Bear General 13 July 27th 04 04:07 AM
More Paris Cycling - Along Southern Rim Elisa Francesca Roselli General 3 May 26th 04 02:01 AM
waterproof cycling jacket bpr General 19 April 24th 04 03:34 PM
LAB? David L. Johnson General 171 April 3rd 04 09:13 PM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard General 5 March 22nd 04 04:56 AM