RR: Vlad's new ride

Old May 7th 06, 09:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default RR: Vlad's new ride

Saturday morning Suzie was off to a MTB clinic run by FTF in Ivanhoe, so
Vlad and I decided to go for a road ride. The initial plan was
Northcote to Frankston.

Frankston turned in to Sorrento. Whoops :-) No, I'm not that hard core
that we rode back. We had the ladies join us for lunch at Sorrento. I
don't know the name of the place that we lunched at, I think it's called
the Sorrento hotel but can't be sure. It's the one on the left at the
top of the hill with Coca Cola brollies everywhere. Anyway they looked
after us really well, letting us bring our bikes in and basically loiter
for half an hour while the ladies got here.

Considering all we had was two bottles of water and a choccy bar we
pulled through pretty well. The bonk hit about fifteen kms from the end
but it wasn't too bad. It was kind of affirming that we could go that
distance on spec without any real preperation. It was a beautiful day
for a ride which all up took us 3hrs20min. I don't know if that's a
good time or not but we weren't `racing', just out for a ride.

What made the ride really cool was witnessing the sheer enjoyment Vlad
was having with his new bike. He's primarily a MTBer with a Rush and a
Bad Boy to his name. Recently he took delivery of a criminally priced
BMC SLT01 in Phonak team colours. 7.2kg all up! I did ATB with Vlad
last year and he rode his Bad Boy, seeing how much easier it was for him
on a real bike was a joy to behold. I don't mind admitting I'm insanely
jealous of his new bike but at the same time it's great to see him so
happy with it.

After the ride and lunch we had dinner with friends in the city before
seeing my brother-in-law's show at the Comedy Festival. Awesome day!
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old May 8th 06, 12:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle

I hate VLAD!!!

altho i could quite easily settle for the badboy.
make an awesome commuter. always wanted lockout frontSus

--
flyingdutch

Old May 8th 06, 12:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
I hate VLAD!!!

altho i could quite easily settle for the badboy.
make an awesome commuter. always wanted lockout frontSus

I think it'll be a cold day in hell before he lets go of the Bad Boy.
That's a sweet ride.

--
SuzieB

Old May 8th 06, 01:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle

SuzieB Wrote:
I think it'll be a cold day in hell before he lets go of the Bad Boy.
That's a sweet ride.

i think that was this_morning. brrrrrrrrr. think i can feel my toes
now...

--
flyingdutch

Old May 8th 06, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
i think that was this_morning. brrrrrrrrr. think i can feel my toes
now...

Yeah, bit parky this morning. Let's see, bib knicks, thermal vest,
Prorace roubiax bibi tights, rock lobste top, gillet, windstopper
gloves and neoprene overbooties. Absolutely fine for first fifty
minutes of the ride then I started getting a bit *too* warm :-) Better
than too cold.

Still had a warm waterproof and a beanie in reserve as well. Can you
say `Euan does not do cold' ;-)

--
EuanB

Old May 9th 06, 12:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-08, EuanB (aka Bruce)
Yeah, bit parky this morning. Let's see, bib knicks, thermal vest,
Prorace roubiax bibi tights, rock lobste top, gillet, windstopper
gloves and neoprene overbooties. Absolutely fine for first fifty
minutes of the ride then I started getting a bit *too* warm :-) Better
than too cold.

Pffft. I was cold for the first 5 minutes, and I don't seem to
remember wearing anything over or under my jersey. OK, so I may have
left a few hours after you. Nevertheless, it still was only 8
degrees.

Still had a warm waterproof and a beanie in reserve as well. Can you
say `Euan does not do cold' ;-)

I think I remember you saying you love all kinds of weather.

--
TimC
So, what do *you* do for a living?

I sit in a chair, pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders
Old May 9th 06, 05:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-08, EuanB (aka Bruce)
Still had a warm waterproof and a beanie in reserve as well. Can you
say `Euan does not do cold' ;-)

I think I remember you saying you love all kinds of weather.

Yep, because I've got the right clothes :-) Any idiot can be cold and
uncofortable.

--
EuanB