UK Bike #4

Old March 13th 07, 09:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_15_]

Default UK Bike #4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260093952775

The plan for this "Rayleigh"??? is to give it to the girly friend to
potter around on. She had a go on my fixie the other day and managed
(okay it was at about 5kph.. but at least she can ride!). It might be a
bit big but if that's the case then I have a new shopping bike. That's
what I call a good Plan B!

When all the bits fail on it.. i'll convert it to an ss or fixed or
something funkier.

Also, might be getting the GT back from the welders next week.. it's
only been (almost) a year?

hippy
soon to be @ 44/17T

--
hippy

Old March 13th 07, 10:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_52_]

hippy Wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260093952775

The plan for this "Rayleigh"??? is to give it to the girly friend to
potter around on. She had a go on my fixie the other day and managed
(okay it was at about 5kph.. but at least she can ride!). It might be a
bit big but if that's the case then I have a new shopping bike. That's
what I call a good Plan B!

When all the bits fail on it.. i'll convert it to an ss or fixed or
something funkier.

Also, might be getting the GT back from the welders next week.. it's
only been (almost) a year?

Nice to see the old workhorse being brought back into service. BTW -
can you refresh my memory to what happened to Vegemite (the bike)?

--
cfsmtb

Old March 13th 07, 11:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_23_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Nice to see the old workhorse being brought back into service. BTW - can
you refresh my memory to what happened to Vegemite (the bike)?

Frame was sold to random person (ebay I think).
Dutchy swapped his 1-man tent for the crankset.
I kept the stem because EVERYONE wanted it. I still get emails about
it!
The wheels are attached to NotAGibson, my track bike, in storage in
Mildura.
The saddle should be burning in hell somewhere.
What's left? Um, did Gags buy the Airwing TT bars?
Brake?

Speaking of fixies, check out the new chain I've ordered for the
Raleigh:
http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/shadowzm.jpg

Nasty looking, yeah?

It's to go along with the new 44T chainring I'm fitting (down from 46T)
so I can up my cadence some more (and skid around Black Cabs easier :P)

I need a 1" headset and chainring tool still. Oh, hubjub was out of
stock with 17T cogs so they can wait too.

hippy

--
hippy

Old March 14th 07, 12:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_54_]

hippy Wrote:

Speaking of fixies, check out the new chain I've ordered for the
Raleigh:
http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/shadowzm.jpg

Nasty looking, yeah?

WTF? Tank tread?!?

--
cfsmtb

Old March 14th 07, 09:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

hippy Wrote:

Speaking of fixies, check out the new chain I've ordered for the
Raleigh:
http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/shadowzm.jpg

Nasty looking, yeah?

WTF? Tank tread?!?

A chain made entirely of half-links, I think.

Old March 14th 07, 09:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_27_]

Resound Wrote:
"cfsmtb" A chain made entirely of half-links, I think.

You clever cookie, you!

http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/etc.htm

"The Interlock chain is made up of halflinks. There are no 'inner' or
'outer' links: each link has a bottleneck shape which interlocks with
the links before and after it. Shadow reckon that this tends to even
out the load on the pins and so increase useful life, which sounds
reasonable enough. But for fixers, the design has another advantage: it
makes it extremely easy to put the rear axle exactly where you want it
in the dropouts. In fact, if you're into magic gear setups, this chain
may be the answer to your prayers. It's only available in 1/8", and,
being designed for BMXers, it's on the short side. Probably won't
stretch to a really large ring. If in doubt, drop us a note."

The stuff arrived but it wouldn't fit through the mail slot so I have
to go to the post office (maybe tomorrow morning) and pick it up. MMM
toys!

hippy

--
hippy