Getting a bike for my wife

Old March 27th 07, 02:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Default Getting a bike for my wife

LotteBum wrote:
Terryc Wrote:

Brand and model of seat?
It is an issue here, so I might suggest it toswmbo.

Bontrager Select FIT CRZ+ Basic

info and comments passed on.
Thanks.
Old March 27th 07, 10:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-25, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
If you buy her a male specific
bike, don't expect her to enjoy riding very much, if at all. Oh, and
the womens specific bikes come in way cooler colours than the blokey
ones.

As long as you want pink, pink, or pink.

--
TimC
Heisenberg may have been here.
Old March 27th 07, 10:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
we Ladies don't like that. Although I'll admit I'm in a very small
female subset (but growing)

It's a bit late to eat your vegemite now!

--
TimC
"Indicators: There are controls in each vehicle that cause little bits
Old March 27th 07, 11:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_26_]

TimC Wrote:
As long as you want pink, pink, or pink.

Not true. My new bike is a pale, pearly blue. Everyone that has seen
my new bike reckons the colour is awesome - unlike Paulie's bike (same
model, but mens version), which is nowhere near as spanky.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old March 28th 07, 07:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_25_]

LotteBum Wrote:
Not true. My new bike is a pale, pearly blue. Everyone that has seen my
new bike reckons the colour is awesome - unlike Paulie's bike (same
model, but mens version), which is nowhere near as spanky.

Lotte

She's telling lies. Its pink.

--
monsterman

Old March 28th 07, 07:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_28_]

monsterman Wrote:
She's telling lies. Its pink.

Perhaps you've mistaken your big, pink leg for a bike, infection man.

--
LotteBum

Old March 28th 07, 07:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dave

wrote:
On Mar 25, 10:47 pm, Terryc wrote:

wrote:

So, essentially I am thinking of a budget of around $500 to get her
something decent that can be built on, but on the other hand won't
have been too big a cost if it doesn't work out.

For $500, I'd try the LBS first. It isn't too much to "play" with to be
sure, then $1K+ for something better after a year.

Comparing roller skating to bicycling isn't the same ball park really.

How do you figure?

I don't know if you would find people who are hard core into skating
would agree with you there, and the fact that you call it "Roller
Skating" shows the level of information that you have on it.

When I was skating regularly I dropped $500 on a decent pair of
blades, and was doing 2-3 hour skates at least 3 times a week and it
was worth every cent.

Just because cycling costs a lot more and has more shiny gear doesn't
make it more legitimate as a hobby or form of exercise.

Oh I have to reply to this.
Its heaps more legitimate as a road user and as serious transport tho.
I am sure that someone somewhere commmutes 10 klicks or so on skates but
I am equally sure that thousands of people dont. And I am sure that
insuring yourself for a commute on skates is difficult.
As a sport, yeah its not really more legitimate.. a fair bit more
popular tho. As exercise... well arguably not. as transport... no contest

But feel free to disagree

Dave

Old March 28th 07, 09:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:38:22 +1000
dave wrote:
Its heaps more legitimate as a road user and as serious transport tho.
I am sure that someone somewhere commmutes 10 klicks or so on skates but
I am equally sure that thousands of people dont. And I am sure that

Dunno distance is all that important.

I can go one hell of a lot more distance on the motorcycle than I can
on the pushie in the same amount of time, does that mean the pushie's
not transport?

THey do get used as transport, used to see a fair few uni students on
them doing the couple of km from residential college to Uni in
Adelaide.

They need flat land, and they need room, that's what makes them less
useful as transport. Plus unlike those scooter doodads you have to
change shoes if using them isn't working such as going up stairs.

Zebee