Rude shock in Perth.

Old March 28th 07, 05:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Rude shock in Perth.

Went out for my mid-week ride this morning and
found it to be bloody cold! I had long sleeves
and knee-warmers on. The nightly minimum has
dropped by 10 degrees in 3 days after months
of balmy mornings.

I've just glad that daylight saving has ended
so it wasn't pitch black as well.

I don't like winter - you get either cold or
rain and sometimes both. Yuk.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old March 28th 07, 05:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_86_]

Ah shuddup, it got to 9C here in Melboring. At least I can sleep better
now.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 28th 07, 06:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

cfsmtb wrote:
Ah shuddup, it got to 9C here in Melboring. At least I can sleep better
now.

Well, I agree with the sleeping better sentiment. My problem
is that we didn't get a chance to get used to the cold. 6deg min last
night. The flip side of nice long summer is a rapid descent into
winter!

DeF

Old March 28th 07, 07:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

On Mar 28, 1:33 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
Ah shuddup, it got to 9C here in Melboring. At least I can sleep better
now.

Well, I agree with the sleeping better sentiment. My problem
is that we didn't get a chance to get used to the cold. 6deg min last
night. The flip side of nice long summer is a rapid descent into
winter!

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

I just can't get over the fact that about 2 weeks ago we were
contending with 43C rides home..

Old March 28th 07, 08:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_33_]

DeF Wrote:
Went out for my mid-week ride this morning and
found it to be bloody cold! I had long sleeves
and knee-warmers on. The nightly minimum has
dropped by 10 degrees in 3 days after months
of balmy mornings.

I've just glad that daylight saving has ended
so it wasn't pitch black as well.

I don't like winter - you get either cold or
rain and sometimes both. Yuk.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

i froze my nurries of coming down Donna Buang on Monday morning.
Bought back memories of cold hurties in Canada. It must of only been 6
odd which isnt that cold really.

--
byron27

Old March 28th 07, 10:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

DeF wrote:
Went out for my mid-week ride this morning and
found it to be bloody cold! I had long sleeves
and knee-warmers on. The nightly minimum has
dropped by 10 degrees in 3 days after months
of balmy mornings.

I've just glad that daylight saving has ended
so it wasn't pitch black as well.

I don't like winter - you get either cold or
rain and sometimes both. Yuk.

DeF.

Got down to 1.1 degrees in Collie this morning. 3 degrees predicted for
tonight.
Old March 28th 07, 10:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au" wrote:

Went out for my mid-week ride this morning and
found it to be bloody cold! I had long sleeves
and knee-warmers on. The nightly minimum has
dropped by 10 degrees in 3 days after months
of balmy mornings.

I've just glad that daylight saving has ended
so it wasn't pitch black as well.

I don't like winter - you get either cold or
rain and sometimes both. Yuk.

DeF.

Winter is still about 4 months away up he
BoM temperature data for Mackay in March
Min Max
Mean 23.7 29.6
Lowest 20.5 27.1
Highest 26.1 34.4
Old March 28th 07, 09:53 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 28, 4:39 pm, "Bugbear" wrote:

I had to pull out the light armwarmers in Brissie. It got near 17.
Even put the winter jammies and cover on. Brrrrr.

donga

Old March 29th 07, 04:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Peter wrote:

DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au" wrote:

Went out for my mid-week ride this morning and
found it to be bloody cold! I had long sleeves
and knee-warmers on. The nightly minimum has
dropped by 10 degrees in 3 days after months
of balmy mornings.

I've just glad that daylight saving has ended
so it wasn't pitch black as well.

I don't like winter - you get either cold or
rain and sometimes both. Yuk.

DeF.

Winter is still about 4 months away up he
BoM temperature data for Mackay in March
Min Max
Mean 23.7 29.6
Lowest 20.5 27.1
Highest 26.1 34.4

Spoke too soon. Got down to 17.3°C at 4am today. Fr-r-r-r-eeee-zzzzing
Old March 29th 07, 06:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_10_]

Donga Wrote:
On Mar 28, 4:39 pm, "Bugbear" wrote:

I had to pull out the light armwarmers in Brissie. It got near 17.
Even put the winter jammies and cover on. Brrrrr.

donga

Winter jammies with the arm warmers on the bike?

Not a good look

SteveA

--
SteveA