NSW BBR

Old March 28th 07, 08:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Owen

Default NSW BBR

Anyone know if and when the BBR organizers got themselves out of
Coopernoop.

Owen

Old March 29th 07, 07:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Owen wrote:
Anyone know if and when the BBR organizers got themselves out of
Coopernoop.

Owen

Are you asking if the Big Ride trucks got out of the showground at
Coopernook? I don't know, but it was pretty interesting just walking
in there to get my gear at around 11am.

Given that one of the trucks got bogged there in the morning even
before the rain, I expect it may have taken a while! That place looked
like a swamp when we got there...

Old March 29th 07, 09:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

wrote:
Jack Russell wrote:

wrote:

Owen wrote:

Anyone know if and when the BBR organizers got themselves out of
Coopernoop.

Owen

Are you asking if the Big Ride trucks got out of the showground at
Coopernook? I don't know, but it was pretty interesting just walking
in there to get my gear at around 11am.

Given that one of the trucks got bogged there in the morning even
before the rain, I expect it may have taken a while! That place looked
like a swamp when we got there...

I spoke to one of the truckies about 9am, he seemed to thing that he had
Buckley's of getting in or out!

Pity, it was a good ride apart from the weather.

Yeah, in a strange way I actually enjoyed the last day riding in the
rain. I think it was the quickest I rode all week and there was no
problem keeping cool

On another note, I was working at the time so I never caught the
announcements. Did they announce where the next year's big ride is?

Is there any truth to the rumour that Bicycle Victoria (?) will be
running the show next year?

Yes, Alex Unwin announced it and it is on the VicBike web site. He did
hint where but it was all a bit vague. I have not had good experiences
with Vic Bike rides but it makes an awful lot of sense for all sorts or
reasons to just have one group organising all the Australian (and NZ)
rides so assuming I do next years ride it will start with an open mind.

Jack

Jack Russell

--
Remove norubbish to reply