A motorist was nice to me today

Old April 28th 07, 11:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf[_2_]

Default A motorist was nice to me today

Making a right turn from the cross into the stem of a T-junction this
morning, I was timing my approach so I could make the turn straight after
the only oncoming car had passed. But when he[1] saw me signal the turn, he
slowed down and flashed his lights. I took this to mean he was giving way,
and not wanting to get into a "You go. No, you go." dialogue via mime, I
saluted and made the turn in front of him.
I'd actually prefer people didn't do this, and that they would just follow
the rules. But maybe he felt good about it.

[1] might have been a she.

--
beerwolf
Old April 28th 07, 10:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_43_]

beerwolf Wrote:
But maybe he felt good about it.

[1] might have been a she.

Great stuff.... but I still would not have taken the turn until the car
had passed, but I understand what you are saying. Just my new heigtened
sense of preservation.

--
MikeyOz

Old April 29th 07, 08:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_149_]

beerwolf Wrote:
Making a right turn from the cross into the stem of a T-junction this
morning, I was timing my approach so I could make the turn straight
after
the only oncoming car had passed. But when he[1] saw me signal the
turn, he
slowed down and flashed his lights. I took this to mean he was giving
way,
and not wanting to get into a "You go. No, you go." dialogue via mime,
saluted and made the turn in front of him.

... and thus rose petals fluttered en masse from the skies, large
dispensers miraculously appeared on every street corner providing free
beer, and winged cherubs with descended from the heavens proclaiming in
unison "Rejoice! Rejoice! We all shall harmoniously share the roads "

Yeah, nice when common courtesy exhibits inself instead of the usual
nihilistic selfishness

--
cfsmtb

Old April 29th 07, 01:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_91_]

beerwolf Wrote:

I'd actually prefer people didn't do this, and that they would just
follow
the rules. But maybe he felt good about it.

[1] might have been a she.

--
beerwolf

maybe he/she wanted to check out your steed/style/sterling stuff...

but yeah, but, yeah, but..........better to wave them on and
give/mouth/smile a thank you as they passed...(and add a halleluyah to
the heavens (for all is not lost) across the land !)

--
rooman

Nice change today ritcho Australia 2 July 12th 05 08:13 PM
Oh nice. Got some free security advice today... Andrew Chadwick UK 3 April 29th 05 10:45 AM
FA: Closes today, nice Trek road frame and fork Frank Marketplace 0 November 21st 04 04:29 PM
I've just been assaulted by a motorist Simonb UK 138 August 29th 04 08:18 PM
moron motorist Ian Smith UK 9 February 11th 04 11:54 PM