New bike

Old May 25th 07, 11:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

Default New bike

Ok, it's not new. Actually I'd guess it's approaching 40 years old if not
more. Old Raleigh 3spd. Sturmey Archer hub, "robust" frame steel rims and so
on. Cost me $35. I can leave it locked up at Reservoir train station without
fear for its safety. It's not fast, it's definitely not shiny but it's
rather fun. Photos to come when I get around to it.

Old May 25th 07, 11:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_218_]

Resound Wrote:
Photos to come when I get around to it.

Oh you cheap tease.

--
cfsmtb

Old May 25th 07, 12:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Resound Wrote:
Photos to come when I get around to it.

Oh you cheap tease.

I try to stick to my strengths.

Old May 27th 07, 06:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Resound Wrote:
Photos to come when I get around to it.

Oh you cheap tease.

--
cfsmtb

Ok, here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/

Old May 27th 07, 09:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_222_]

Resound Wrote:

Ok, here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered cranks! Phhhoooaaarrrrr!

Mind you, the rear dyno hub has gandered my interest, as the Lawrencia
has a front dyno hub.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5103553...in/set-908569/

--
cfsmtb

Old May 27th 07, 01:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Resound Wrote:

Ok, here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered cranks!
Phhhoooaaarrrrr!

Mind you, the rear dyno hub has gandered my interest, as the Lawrencia
has a front dyno hub.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5103553...in/set-908569/

Cottered cranks were neither here nor there, but I did actually want a chain
guard so that I could ride it without having to worry about chain grease
smeared up the inside of the RH pants leg. It's going to be pressed in
commute service tomorrow as I noticed today that the OCR has broken one
spoke and unthreaded another on the rear wheel. I suspect I won't be
breaking any records but it can't be any slower than commuting on a MTB.

Old May 27th 07, 02:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_223_]

cfsmtb Wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered

cranks!

Sod it, going back to the basic CF edit box & ditching the WYSIWYG
editor. This is a text msg, this is a test msg...

--
cfsmtb