hip replacement --and cycling

Old January 12th 08, 01:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Wilson Warmouth[_10_]

Default hip replacement --and cycling

"The Troll Feeder" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 6:35 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote: Well, the point of Leo Licthman was that the
surgeon
told him that
breaking a hip in a fall would be a very bad thing. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, that's exactly what the surgeon was telling me. He also went on
say that I would have to judge whether to limit my enjoyment of life in
fear of such a disaster. If you rein yourself in to avoid risks, you
swap
the possibility of injury for the certainty of boredom. (He didn't say
word about recumbents.)

On the other hand, if you don't rein yourself in you are subject to all
kinds of vicissitudes, even death itself. All of my life I have been
reading
books about fools who took risks for the sake of adventure and end up as
dead as mackerels.

And what is wrong with a little boredom in life anyway? I say give me
boredom any old day to an early death. Only fools want to burn the candle
at
both ends. Nay, I like to settle down to a good night's viewing of
whatever
is on TV. This guarantees lots of good old fashion boredom.

When I really like to be bored out of my skull I tune into MSNBC or CNN
and
follow all the liberal commentators. Chris Matthews of MSNBC is without a
doubt the biggest jackass and all around asshole in the entire universe.
My
God, this fool has even turned on Hillary and has fallen in love with
Barack
Hussein Obama! Folks, it doesn't get any better than this!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

First!

--
THE Troll Feeder

Beating other troll feeders to the trowel since 2008.

Yeah, but it took you two attempts to get it done. Shows a bit of
ineptitude on your part don't you think?

Practice, practice, practice.