Reassembling ST-7700c lever - help

Old November 11th 05, 01:31 PM
Aleks

Default Reassembling ST-7700c lever - help

Does anyone know how to do this? I have assembled right lever because cable
that gives information to Flight Deck was broken. I repaired this but now
when I reassemble lever it does not function OK. When I shift it bigger
chainring (lower gear) it does not come back and I have to do this manually.

On Shimano pages there is explanation only for partial assembling.

Maybe assembling lever wasn't such smart idea!

Old November 11th 05, 01:36 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Aleks wrote:
Does anyone know how to do this? I have assembled right lever because cable
that gives information to Flight Deck was broken. I repaired this but now
when I reassemble lever it does not function OK. When I shift it bigger
chainring (lower gear) it does not come back and I have to do this manually.

On Shimano pages there is explanation only for partial assembling.

Maybe assembling lever wasn't such smart idea!

Not a good idea. shimano Europe has a better blowup for this but I
would try warranty. i have sent 7700 levers back in zip lock bags, as a
bag o' pieces and they have warrantied them.

Just sent back the 5th 7800 lever, BTW-

Old November 11th 05, 01:49 PM
Aleks

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Aleks wrote:
Does anyone know how to do this? I have assembled right lever because

cable
that gives information to Flight Deck was broken. I repaired this but

now
when I reassemble lever it does not function OK. When I shift it bigger
chainring (lower gear) it does not come back and I have to do this

manually.

On Shimano pages there is explanation only for partial assembling.

Maybe assembling lever wasn't such smart idea!

Not a good idea. shimano Europe has a better blowup for this but I
would try warranty. i have sent 7700 levers back in zip lock bags, as a
bag o' pieces and they have warrantied them.

Just sent back the 5th 7800 lever, BTW-

Sorry, wrong word. I ment that I need help for assembling lever. At this
moment it is disassembled.

Old November 11th 05, 04:02 PM
John Everett

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:31:30 +0100, "Aleks"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this? I have assembled right lever because cable
that gives information to Flight Deck was broken. I repaired this but now
when I reassemble lever it does not function OK. When I shift it bigger
chainring (lower gear) it does not come back and I have to do this manually.

On Shimano pages there is explanation only for partial assembling.

Maybe assembling lever wasn't such smart idea!

Go to: http://www.cyclingforum.com/features/findex.htm

and click on: "CyclingForum Tech Tips"

then click on: "STI Disassembly/Assembly (105/8spd)"

This will cause a Word .doc file to download. While it's supposedly
specific to the 105, 8-speed levers; the description of how to get the
spring installed and properly preloaded (probably your problem) is
most likely generic enough.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old November 11th 05, 06:40 PM
bfd

Yow, not good. You don't say how old your levers are, but I would agree
with Peter that you should definitely try to get your lever warrantied.
Remember with Dura Ace you have a 3 year warranty, not 2 like the rest
of Shimano products.

If you can't warranty your levers, here are a couple of sites that
might help:

Steve Alkire's 105/8spd disassembly/assembly
http://www.cyclingforum.com/features...IdisDetail.doc

Bill Cotton's STI repair:
http://www.billcotton.com/sti_shifter_repair.htm

Otherwise, good luck with all that!