Melbourne-Themed-Random-Cycling-Advocacy Thread

Old June 1st 05, 11:12 AM
cfsmtb

Default Melbourne-Themed-Random-Cycling-Advocacy Thread

Just perused the recent edition of BV's Ride On mag. A couple of us co
a mention. Noice pix of Bikesoiler too. exciting, huh? ;

--
cfsmtb

Old June 1st 05, 11:25 AM
TimC

On 2005-06-01, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

Just perused the recent edition of BV's Ride On mag. A couple of us cop
a mention. Noice pix of Bikesoiler too. exciting, huh?

Recent edition? What edition is that?

An optimist thinks we are living in the best of all possible worlds. A
pessimist fears this is true. --unknown
Old June 1st 05, 11:31 AM
cfsmtb

TimC Wrote:
Recent edition? What edition is that?

The newly-posted out June-July edition, with a cute piccie of youn
couple having a *cuddle* on front cover. (note: that's not moi
bikesoiler

--
cfsmtb

Old June 1st 05, 12:52 PM
Peter Signorini

"cfsmtb" wrote:

TimC Wrote:
Recent edition? What edition is that?

The newly-posted out June-July edition, with a cute piccie of young
couple having a *cuddle* on front cover. (note: that's not moi &
bikesoiler)

Yes, just got mine. It was a surprise to see about 5 couples from MBTC
pictured in various sections, and the club referred to as performing as good
as dating agencies. Now that's a new membership line. ;-)

Which 'couple of us' were you referring to?

Cheers
Peter

Old June 1st 05, 01:08 PM
TimC

On 2005-06-01, Peter Signorini (aka Bruce)

"cfsmtb" wrote:

TimC Wrote:
Recent edition? What edition is that?

The newly-posted out June-July edition, with a cute piccie of young
couple having a *cuddle* on front cover. (note: that's not moi &
bikesoiler)

I read that originally as "is moi and bikesoiler", so when I got home
and looked, I thought "eh? Changed hair colour and style?! And
bikesoiler has done... something!"

Yes, just got mine. It was a surprise to see about 5 couples from MBTC
pictured in various sections, and the club referred to as performing as good
as dating agencies. Now that's a new membership line. ;-)

Not enough people under 30 in the club yet, dagnamit! Especially
wimins.

VBScript is designed to be a secure programming environment. It
lacks various commands that can be potentially damaging if used in
a malicious manner. This added security is critical in enterprise
solutions. -- support.microsoft.com
Old June 1st 05, 01:29 PM
cfsmtb

Peter Signorini Wrote:

Yes, just got mine. It was a surprise to see about 5 couples from MBTC
pictured in various sections, and the club referred to as performing a
good
as dating agencies. Now that's a new membership line. ;-)

Which 'couple of us' were you referring to?

Cheers
Peter

Ah, BUG-related stuff. Some bloke from BBUG, and some mutterings abou
steps in the Gipps Street region

--
cfsmtb

Old June 1st 05, 01:35 PM
cfsmtb

TimC Wrote:

I read that originally as "is moi and bikesoiler", so when I got home
and looked, I thought "eh? Changed hair colour and style?! And
bikesoiler has done... something!"

Yeah, can't be either of us, Mr Soilers much taller, and I'm much muc
shorter. And I'm not a blonde either.

TimC Wrote:

Not enough people under 30 in the club yet, dagnamit! Especially
wimins.

Membership drive, a la "MBTC On-Bike Dating Service". That might pul
the chicks. :

--
cfsmtb

Old June 1st 05, 10:22 PM
flyingdutch

cfsmtb Wrote:
Just perused the recent edition of BV's Ride On mag. A couple of us co
a mention. Noice pix of Bikesoiler too. exciting, huh?

cool hat. no doubt after drinking his way across the NT he wont b
lookin that slim now tho

PS we got funding for new path design approved :

--
flyingdutch

Old June 1st 05, 11:44 PM
PiledHigher

flyingdutch Wrote:
cool hat. no doubt after drinking his way across the NT he wont b
lookin that slim now tho

PS we got funding for new path design approved

Was a bit dissappointed with the BV invented cycling in the 70'
approach of the magazine, people did ride there bikes before tha
surprisingly and I would be surprised if MBTC is the oldest cyclin
club in Melbourne (but the older ones may be r*cing ones).

PiledHighe

--
PiledHigher

Old June 2nd 05, 01:53 AM
Tamyka Bell

cfsmtb wrote:

TimC Wrote:
Recent edition? What edition is that?

The newly-posted out June-July edition, with a cute piccie of young
couple having a *cuddle* on front cover. (note: that's not moi &
bikesoiler)

--
cfsmtb

Just wanted to thank you, once again, for rubbing my nose in the couple
thing. *grumble grumble* Nah I'm just edgy 'cos I didn't ride to uni
today.

Tam