Creaking

Old November 6th 05, 01:18 AM

Default Creaking

Does a carbon fork creak?

I have a new Bianchi Virata with a full carbon fork and Ksyrium equippe
front wheel (20 spokes) with about 400 miles on it. The front end
creaks on bumpy roads and when I stand going up hills. I am not sure
if it is the spokes or the fork.

My last bike was a 1972 Gitane Tour de France. This is nicer!

Thanks,

Ted.

Old November 6th 05, 07:19 PM
Robin Hubert

Bill Sornson wrote:
Robin Hubert wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

wrote:

Does a carbon fork creak?

I have a new Bianchi Virata with a full carbon fork and Ksyrium
equippe front wheel (20 spokes) with about 400 miles on it. The
front end creaks on bumpy roads and when I stand going up hills. I
am not sure if it is the spokes or the fork.

You sure it's not the stem/bar interface or headset? *******
spacer? "Dry" quick release? (Bottom bracket, crank bolts, pedals,
cleats...) Bill "I hate creaks" S.

Bill,
What's a "dry" quick release?

One in need of a drop of Tri-flo.

The reason I ask is that I once had a
persistent creak out of the front end. It turned out that it was
either the axle/dropout interface or the QR face/dropout interface
(both SS/Al contacts). I discovered that it happened after rainy
rides. The cure is to clean and wipe lightly with oil.

Well there ya go.

Bill "trick question?" S.

And now for my next act ....

Robin

Creaking Cannondale CAAD3 ? Collin General 6 October 11th 04 02:20 AM
Creaking Freehub Ryan Techniques 2 September 24th 04 02:09 PM
Strange Creaking Sound... Bob Incognito Australia 9 December 5th 03 10:15 PM
Mysterious Creaking...Please HELP! CycleSteve Techniques 3 August 22nd 03 03:36 PM
Intense Uzzi SLX Creaking Noise with Progressive 5th Element Shock Rog Techniques 0 August 3rd 03 04:39 PM