Bike Seats For Generous Posteriors

Old February 13th 06, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Bike Seats For Generous Posteriors

These were advertised on uk.rec.walking for some reason.

Would suit the "wide of arse".

http://www.realseat.com/index.html

Sam Salt
Old February 13th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Sam Salt" wrote in message
These were advertised on uk.rec.walking for some reason.

Would suit the "wide of arse".

http://www.realseat.com/index.html

Sam Salt

And when you get to the first corner your "arse" will slide off

cheers
Jon_H

Old February 13th 06, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Jon_H wrote:

And when you get to the first corner your "arse" will slide off

Though they are rather lacking in utility AFAICT, that isn't the reason.
If it was a problem then everyone with a 'bent would slide off on the
corners, but we don't...

The basic problem I envisage is you wouldn't be able to pedal properly
because the front of the seat will interfere with your legs moving up
and down. On a 'bent you get round that by your legs moving above the
seat, but with the crank on a wedgie being where it is you really need
some sort of cutaway design of seat.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old February 13th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Jon_H wrote:

And when you get to the first corner your "arse" will slide off

Though they are rather lacking in utility AFAICT, that isn't the reason.
If it was a problem then everyone with a 'bent would slide off on the
corners, but we don't...

The basic problem I envisage is you wouldn't be able to pedal properly
because the front of the seat will interfere with your legs moving up
and down. On a 'bent you get round that by your legs moving above the
seat, but with the crank on a wedgie being where it is you really need
some sort of cutaway design of seat.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

I was thinking of something similar to this effect as the steering of a bent
is somewhat different to a wedgie.

http://www.cptips.com/saddle.htm

cheers
Jon_H

Old February 13th 06, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter Clinch wrote:
Jon_H wrote:

And when you get to the first corner your "arse" will slide off

Though they are rather lacking in utility AFAICT, that isn't the reason.
If it was a problem then everyone with a 'bent would slide off on the
corners, but we don't...

The basic problem I envisage is you wouldn't be able to pedal properly
because the front of the seat will interfere with your legs moving up
and down.

I suspect that the people who will use these wouldn't be pedalling
properly anyway. :-/

R.
Old February 13th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , Sam Salt
) wrote:

These were advertised on uk.rec.walking for some reason.

Probably because of the reception the bloke got when he spammed
rec.bicycles.misc...

I see he's also spammed misc.survivalism, alt.rv,
alt.support.hemorrhoids & alt.support.impotence, among others.

Help me, Mrs. Medleycott, I don't know what to do. I've only got three
bullets and there's four of Mötley Crüe.
Old February 13th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Jon_H wrote:

I was thinking of something similar to this effect as the steering of a bent
is somewhat different to a wedgie.

Not really: initiate with a slight turn of the bars and lean into the
bend. It's the lean that stops you sliding off and is needed whether
you're sitting up or sitting back.

Pete.

Old February 13th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , Peter Clinch
') wrote:

Jon_H wrote:

And when you get to the first corner your "arse" will slide off

Though they are rather lacking in utility AFAICT, that isn't the
reason.
If it was a problem then everyone with a 'bent would slide off on the
corners, but we don't...

The basic problem I envisage is you wouldn't be able to pedal properly
because the front of the seat will interfere with your legs moving up
and down. On a 'bent you get round that by your legs moving above the
seat, but with the crank on a wedgie being where it is you really need
some sort of cutaway design of seat.

Like this, you mean?
URL:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?ProdID=5360016106

;; If Python is executable pseudocode,
;; then Perl is executable line noise
-- seen on Slashdot.
Old February 13th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Brooke wrote:

Like this, you mean?
URL:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?ProdID=5360016106

The exact picture in my mind involved leather and a Brooks nameplate,
but otherwise, that's the sort of thing that would probably work quite
acceptably... ;-)

Pete.

Old February 13th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Brooke wrote:

Like this, you mean?
URL:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?ProdID=5360016106

The exact picture in my mind involved leather and a Brooks nameplate, but
otherwise, that's the sort of thing that would probably work quite
acceptably... ;-)

Nah... even better is one of these...

http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail.html?c=Saddles&sc=Women%27s+Performance&ite m_no=2154800

Cheers, helen s

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Bike rack [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM