Paris-Roubaix map?

Old March 30th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Paris-Roubaix map?

in 500445 20060330 221259 "Todd Giorgio" wrote:
The P-R map and detailed course route is up at
http://www.letour.fr/2006/PRX/LIVE/us/100/carte.html
but the jpg map is pretty low resolution. I'd like to find a course map
with sufficient resolution to see the course in enough detail to work up a
viewing plan. Any pointers to either the map or a live viewing strategy?

Thanks...giorgitd

Get the Michelin book of 1cm to 2km maps
Old March 30th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:12:59 -0600, "Todd Giorgio"
wrote:

The P-R map and detailed course route is up at
http://www.letour.fr/2006/PRX/LIVE/us/100/carte.html
but the jpg map is pretty low resolution. I'd like to find a course map
with sufficient resolution to see the course in enough detail to work up a
viewing plan. Any pointers to either the map or a live viewing strategy?

Thanks...giorgitd

What's Google Earth like in that area? Never mind, I checked. Its not
as good as it is in many parts of the U.S. Probably worth looking at
as better than a guess. Roads and terrain only worked best.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 30th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Curtis L. Russell writes:

What's Google Earth like in that area? Never mind, I checked. Its not
as good as it is in many parts of the U.S. Probably worth looking at
as better than a guess. Roads and terrain only worked best.

Are you on bikes or in cars?

Your vantage points may differ

But get the best - largest scale - Michelin - you can plus the
latest route as per Het Volk/Het Nieuwsblad and do some recces and
timing tests to determine your overall viewing plan

You may be able to intersect the race at several points

Make sure to take in a major climb and if your schedule goes awry,
head for a bar that has a Tele

Good Hunting

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Afghanistan: Religious tolerance at last

Old March 30th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:

Make sure to take in a major climb and if your schedule goes awry,
head for a bar that has a Tele

Good Hunting

You'll need a lot of good hunting to find a mjor climb on PR..
I usually go to the Foret d'Arenberg (sp?) and then to Cysoing where
there are a couple of good crowded bars with TVs..
Enjoy!
CU en route..
Dan Gregory

Old March 31st 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dan Gregory writes:

You'll need a lot of good hunting to find a mjor climb on PR..
I usually go to the Foret d'Arenberg (sp?) and then to Cysoing where
there are a couple of good crowded bars with TVs..

OOOPS - I got mixed up there and thought we were still at Flenders

But with the exception of the hill , the advise remains the same

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Close the Madrasas - Stop the Buggery

Lawrence of Arabia does Paris - Roubaix MSeries UK 13 June 1st 05 07:47 AM
Paris Roubaix Simon Brooke UK 5 April 19th 05 03:53 PM
paris roubaix Rick Roof Racing 8 January 15th 05 03:56 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 04:13 PM
Cycling in Paris Part 2 wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX UK 0 September 4th 03 09:57 PM