Pimping on ebay

Old May 9th 06, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Pimping on ebay

Ebay wonders:

"Ride with Professional Triathelte and Ironman Athlete ANDREW STEEL. If
you are the lucky winner, you get to choose the type of ride, where and
when to ride and the distance*. Andrew will accompany you on your
choice or ride, provide expert cycling tips, position critique,
training advice to maximise your potential and achieve your goals as
well as generous encouragement and advice on cycling and triathlon.
Andrew has raced in ITU World Cup Triathlons and as a Professional at
World Triathlon Corporation Ironman Events. He has recently just
returned from Strongman Japan. He has over 5 years experience as a
Professional Triathlete, has studied Biomechanics and bike positioning,
and worked in a busy city Cycle shop. 'Take control of your destiny -
start today' *Ride start venue limited to 50km radius of Melbourne CBD"

*http://tinyurl.com/qr5fh *

Maybe some of you could pitch in and get him to do all the work at the
front on the next BR. Or hire him for a leadout :-). Currently only
$1.

--
sinus

Old May 9th 06, 12:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle

sinus Wrote:

HTTP://TINYURL.COM/QR5FH (\"HTTP://TINYURL.COM/QR5FH\")

Maybe some of you could pitch in and get him to do all the work at the
front on the next BR. Or hire him for a leadout :-). Currently only
$1.

"position critique"... yeah right.. we'll be the judge of that... "hey
tri boy, why are you off the back on the hills?" :P

--
gplama

Old May 9th 06, 12:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle

sinus wrote:

Currently only
$1.

Yes, but what's the postage?

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old May 9th 06, 01:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-09, gplama (aka Bruce)
sinus Wrote:
HTTP://TINYURL.COM/QR5FH (\"HTTP://TINYURL.COM/QR5FH\")

Maybe some of you could pitch in and get him to do all the work at the
front on the next BR. Or hire him for a leadout :-). Currently only
$1.

"position critique"... yeah right.. we'll be the judge of that... "hey
tri boy, why are you off the back on the hills?" :P

I was about to submit that to alt.humor.best-of-usenet, but then I
figured

1) You buggered up the URL

2) Maybe this requires a slight bit too much explanation for the lay
audience. Pity.

Close, but no cigar for you!

--
TimC
So there you have it, supplicant. The Europeans aren't morally superior
Old May 9th 06, 01:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle

sinus Wrote:

Maybe some of you could pitch in and get him to do all the work at the
front on the next BR. Or hire him for a leadout :-)

Hey you draftboy, go cut a hole in the air for us!

--
cfsmtb

Old May 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-09, sinus (aka Bruce)
TimC Wrote:
I was about to submit that to alt.humor.best-of-usenet, but then I
figured

1) You buggered up the URL

2) Maybe this requires a slight bit too much explanation for the lay
audience. Pity.

it was option 1.

try http://tinyurl.com/kav6n

or http://tinyurl.com/m9zre

Postage: local pickup only

No no no -- you misunderstood. Yes, the URL was stuffed, but easily
fixable (although I'd have to explain that in my submission, which
would detract from teh fun'ni a tiny bit), but also because teh fun'ni
would only come naturally for us cycling geeks, and perhaps if I had
to explain the concept of of leadouts and tri-hards, then again, a
case of explaining the joek.

There needs to be a alt.humor.best-of-cycling-usenet where cycling
fun'nis can be sent.

--
TimC
NOP NOP NOP NOP bang NOP NOP bang ouch
Old May 9th 06, 10:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
"position critique"... yeah right.. we'll be the judge of that... "hey
tri boy, why are you off the back on the hills?" :P

"Its quieter back here, I don't have to listen to you guys bitchin
about each other booties"

--
MikeyOz

Old May 10th 06, 12:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:05:51 +1000, sinus wrote:

"Ride with Professional Triathelte and Ironman Athlete ANDREW STEEL. If
you are the lucky winner, you get to choose the type of ride, where and
when to ride and the distance*.

Ando's + St Helena's by night. Or maybe Thredbo DH. Bonus points if he
goes home in t' ambo. Mwuahahahaha!

--
Dave Hughes |
A General Manager who was channeling Captain Bligh only without the

Old May 10th 06, 12:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
"Its quieter back here, I don't have to listen to you guys bitchin about
each other booties"

hahahah, winnarrr post!!!

--
gplama

Old May 10th 06, 01:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Random Data wrote:

Ando's + St Helena's by night. Or maybe Thredbo DH. Bonus points if he
goes home in t' ambo. Mwuahahahaha!

St Helena's definitely - can you say sand?

Thredbo's probably a bit easier although Snakes & Ladders would be
interesting on drop bars. Stop giving me silly ideas Dave.

Parbs - BNGHITA