Freight across Aust

Old October 3rd 06, 02:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Default Freight across Aust

I'm looking at selling my wifes bike through ebay, to a guy in
our fine nation's capital. Is there any bike friendly couriers or
a group that are particularly easy to deal with? I'm in
Rockingham in WA, but getting to Perth won't be an issue if
necessary.
Old October 3rd 06, 03:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
slaw

People have used Busfreight (Greyhound) with success I believe. About
$80 or $90 and can be door to door most places in Oz.

--
slaw

Old October 3rd 06, 04:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:14:38 +1000
slaw wrote:

People have used Busfreight (Greyhound) with success I believe. About
$80 or $90 and can be door to door most places in Oz.

That's how the bent got to me from Canberra. Came in a box, no damage
I could see.

Zebee

Old October 3rd 06, 05:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea

slaw wrote:

People have used Busfreight (Greyhound) with success I believe.

About
$80 or $90 and can be door to door most places in Oz.

That's how the bent got to me from Canberra. Came in a box, no damage
I could see.

ZebeeDo the freight companies pack it for you? I am selling a bike at the

moment but don't have the time to pack it properly (and don't want to
take responsibility if something gets damaged in transit).

--
roshea

Old October 3rd 06, 05:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gemma_k

"Brendo" wrote in message
u...
I'm looking at selling my wifes bike through ebay, to a guy in
our fine nation's capital. Is there any bike friendly couriers or
a group that are particularly easy to deal with? I'm in
Rockingham in WA, but getting to Perth won't be an issue if
necessary.

If you can drop the bike off (pre boxed) to an Australian Air Express depot,
it's a $85 flat fee airport-airport for bikes. Only take a few days too.
Gemm

Old October 3rd 06, 06:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:30:10 +1000
roshea wrote:
ZebeeDo the freight companies pack it for you? I am selling a bike at the

moment but don't have the time to pack it properly (and don't want to
take responsibility if something gets damaged in transit).

Nope. YOu have to turn up with it in a bike box.

I suggest you take it to a bike shop and pay for them to pack it. You
will have to ring around to find one willing to do it.

If you send it by McPhee or a similar largish place they might pack it
for you, but expect to pay rather a lot. If you can't manage it
yourself you will have to pay an hour's labour at a bike shop so
expect to pay $70 or so.

If you aren't willing to pay in time, you have to pay in money.

Zebee
Old October 3rd 06, 06:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

slaw wrote:

People have used Busfreight (Greyhound) with success I believe.

About

$80 or $90 and can be door to door most places in Oz.

That's how the bent got to me from Canberra. Came in a box, no damage
I could see.

ZebeeDo the freight companies pack it for you? I am selling a bike at the

moment but don't have the time to pack it properly (and don't want to
take responsibility if something gets damaged in transit).

I've not sent a bike but I have had a bike shop (in Perth) pack up
my bike to take on a plane. From my shopping around, the standard
price is $50. I paid $35 at Glen Parkers in Nedlands and they did
a pretty good job including putting protection around all tubes and
a false axle thingy in place of the removed front wheel. "Some
assembly required" at the other end.

My impression is that most shops will do it for you for a fee which
is pretty modest I think.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old October 4th 06, 03:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Thanks all. I used Greyhound freight. $65 from depot in
Welshpool, Perth to depot in Canberra. Good value I reckon.
Old October 5th 06, 03:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
jur

Brendo Wrote:
Thanks all. I used Greyhound freight. $65 from depot in
Welshpool, Perth to depot in Canberra. Good value I reckon.Was it boxed? And what were the box dimensions? $65 IS good. Me wanty...

--
jur

Old October 5th 06, 10:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

jur wrote:
Brendo Wrote:

Thanks all. I used Greyhound freight. $65 from depot in
Welshpool, Perth to depot in Canberra. Good value I reckon.Was it boxed? And what were the box dimensions? $65 IS good. Me wanty...

I got a box from a local bike shop, pulled the thing apart and
wrapped it with bubble wrap, cable tied it all together so it
didn't move, threw a few other bits
in, and dropped it off at the depot. The guy said it was a flat
rate from Perth to Eastern states, $65. Extra to courier it to a
home address, but not too bad.

Aust source for Stronglight 130BCD track chainrings? Bleve Australia 7 August 28th 06 07:36 AM
Look & other Frames Vs BT ( or why Ben has been kept out of the Aust Team for so long rooman Australia 11 March 21st 06 02:20 AM
8 Freight David UK 5 August 4th 05 08:20 AM
NQ ADF rider at Aust Ironman Champs HughMann Australia 0 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Trike for carry children/ freight. zaphod UK 6 January 27th 04 10:57 AM