Courier Mail March 5

Old March 8th 07, 03:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
AndrewJ

Default Courier Mail March 5

On Mar 8, 9:53 am, EuanB
wrote:
AndrewJ Wrote:

On Mar 8, 9:02 am, DaveB wrote:
PHATRS wrote:
After hearing of several work colleagues getting hit by cars while
commuting, even when they're in bike lanes, I am very reluctant to

try
riding on any road.

I've also heard of pedestrians getting hit by cars, even at

pedestrian
crossings. That's why I never cross the road. However my long walk

does
get very monotonous after a while - walk, turn left, walk, turn left

daveB

I find that I'm commuting less and less on the bike. It's not just
about the risks. It's
about where I want to spend my time. Do I want to be riding down a
country road or a rail
trail? Or do I want to be spending time with your Australian suburban
car driver?

Why not both? I have to get to work regardless and frankly cycling's
the option that makes the most sense.

AndrewJ Wrote:

Let's face it. Australian car drivers have no redeeming features at
all. If a great crack in the earth
opened up and swallowed them, I wouldn't miss them at all. These are
some of the most
aggressive, rude and just plain evil people you will ever meet.

I'm finding that's less and less true in the SE suburbs/CBD.

--
EuanB

Ok.
1. Take mood pill.
2. Smile.
3. Commute.

Got it.

Old March 13th 07, 11:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_18_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
I've never held a drivers licence or owned a car. Ditto I feel much
safer either walking, using PT or out on the pedally. Although recently
PT has actually been a *slower* method of transport. Ah, Melbourne ....

Did they fix the brakes on your trains yet or what?

On Topic Bit: Riding bikes on the road is the bestest thing in the
whole world!

hippy
- delerious again

--
hippy

Old March 14th 07, 12:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_53_]

hippy Wrote:
Did they fix the brakes on your trains yet or what?

Not sure, the official Connex MR sounded rather nebulous. Think the
drivers are now approaching the platforms at reduced speed & feathering
the brakes. Types in the word bicycle to meet statutory minimums.

--
cfsmtb