Ex Aus champions reported death....

Old March 24th 07, 09:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Col

Default Ex Aus champions reported death....

It has been reported that an ex Australian road and Olympic cyclist was a
victim in the Burnley tunnel inferno in Melbourne on friday. I have only
found the story on Yahoo and no other news outlet so far...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070324/2/12v4t.html

Can anyone confirm this as this has rocked me....I was fortunate enough to
have met him once, which thrilled me as I was a big fan of his....

cheers

col

Old March 24th 07, 09:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Col

Now confirmed after reading the report on
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21442542-2,00.html

This is an absolute tragedy for the cycling fraternity and first and
foremost his family, friends and all who raced with and against him...

My condolences to all...

col

Old March 24th 07, 11:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_74_]

Damien McDonald has been named as one of the three killed in the Burnley
Tunnel crash.

Doubtless there's many people feeling absolutely shattered reading this
on Sunday morning. I don't know what else to type right now other than
he was an truly inspiring cyclist and coach and deepest condolences to
Damiens family and friends.

The Age: Gold medal cyclist among the dead
http://tinyurl.com/25gdwx

--
cfsmtb