Suspending suspension forks

Old April 2nd 07, 09:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gumby

Default Suspending suspension forks

On Apr 2, 1:34 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
Rory Williams wrote:
DeF Wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some suspension forks for
the MTB (I got some swapped out when I bought it
some time ago - but that's another story).

I store my bikes using a hook attached to a wall.
For example:
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=A1375

My question - is it OK to store a bike with
suspension forks in this way? Are the forks going
to be adversely affected by being stored at
the "wrong" angle?

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

If you are worrying about overextending the fork why not hang it by the
back wheel?

RoryW

Yeah, thought of that. In fact, that is how I hang
every second bike so that handlebars don't clash.

I was more worried about any fluid in the forks that
might gravitate to the wrong place or leak out through
seals. I've never had suspension forks except on my
motor bike and I haven't needed to store that vertically
as yet....

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

I would only ever store my motorbike vertically, its the horizontal
you have to worry about.

Old April 2nd 07, 02:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

wrote:
Rory Williams wrote:
DeF Wrote:
[...]

And you wander why the bottom end is falling apart....

DeF.

--
To reply, you'll need to remove your finger.

Suspension adjusted MTB forks? Luke Techniques 3 September 2nd 05 03:20 AM
1" suspension forks Bryan UK 2 June 28th 04 08:55 PM
Changing front suspension forks to rigid forks dannyfrankszzz UK 14 May 30th 04 09:03 PM
Suspension forks JO Off Road 1 April 11th 04 02:31 AM
Help please: Suspension forks suppliers? JB UK 2 December 1st 03 09:09 PM