Chain Cleaning & Maintneance

Old March 31st 07, 10:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Sheldon Brown

Default Chain Cleaning & Maintneance

"Tex" wrote:

So, a guy wearing cowboy boots and a big Stetson hat walks into an
English pub and says "Hiya, there, ever'body, ma name's "Tex" and ah'd
like ta buy a drink for y'all!"

After new pints all around, one of the regulars asks, "I say, Tex,
what part of Texas are you from?"

"Ahm not from Texas a-tall! Ahm from the great state of
Louisiana...but I didn't like the name 'Louise'!"

Sheldon "Sorry, I Couldn't Resist" Brown

Old March 31st 07, 11:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_29_]

pfffttt!!! Typical!!!

no friggin campy!@^#%%!!!

now i have all these bits over the bench and no replacements.

Curse you Sheeellldddooonnnnnnn....

--
flyingdutch

Old April 2nd 07, 12:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Sheldon Brown wrote:

Sheldon "Sorry, I Couldn't Resist" Brown

Great joke Sheldon... have you had any "genuine" requests for your
product yet?
.... and what was REALLY in those bottles??

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 2nd 07, 02:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Sheldon Brown

Bean Long ben.l...
have you had any "genuine" requests for your
product yet?

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

Alas, no. Perhaps 'cause I let the cat out of the bag at the Buy It
Now buttons. I was really worried that somebody might actually take
apart a whole chain and then get mad at me.

I have had serious requests for PowerWheels, even one from a Taiwanese
manufacturer who wanted to license the design.

I also got a somewhat angry email from a guy in New Zealand because I
said Symmetrispokes should be installed the other way round south of
the Equator...he said that didn't make any sense!

I've also had a few bites on the Tork-Grip

... and what was REALLY in those bottles??

Just water and food coluring, I'm afraid.

Sheldon " http://sheldonbrown.com/humor " Brown
| ...there is humour in all things and the |
| truest philosophy is that which teaches |
| us to find it and make the most of it. |
| --W.S.Gilbert |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old April 2nd 07, 02:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

On Apr 2, 11:11 am, "Sheldon Brown" wrote:
Bean Long ben.l...

[...]

Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwidehttp://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

Sheldon,

I'm still waiting for my real man saddle order to come....

PiledHigher

Old April 2nd 07, 02:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

PiledHigher wrote:

I'm still waiting for my real man saddle order to come....

PiledHigher

You can have the one that came on my CRX, although I suspect it is less
comfortable than the real man saddle.

I removed it after the first ride and don't expect it to ever see the
light of day. I suspect it is a real man saddle with some vinyl over the
top. Ouch.

DaveB
Old April 2nd 07, 03:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_10_]

PiledHigher Wrote:

Sheldon,

I'm still waiting for my real man saddle order to come....

PiledHigherQuite a few jokes come to mind with your name there

piled-much-more-higher

--
rdk