I Run Red Lights

Old April 28th 07, 03:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bob_the_rider[_2_]

Default I Run Red Lights

On Apr 28, 8:20 am, Skewer wrote:

One word, ****!

Pete.B

Why Pete? Is it that I offend your sense of decency? I have a tip for
you: worry less about what other people do.

No one really cares about the infringements a cyclist commits - so
long as it doesn't slow them down. Mostly it's just **** cyclist, like
yourself (who probably ride two astride down a single lane road
aggravating the hell out of the drivers, but do so in arrogant bliss
because it is legal) and anti-cyclist who i really don't give a f**k
about.

Old April 28th 07, 04:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bob_the_rider[_2_]

On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga wrote:

I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
****s me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
take responsibility for you.

See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
life expectancy isn't looking too good.

Don't take responsibility for me... you putting that trip on yourself.

Old April 28th 07, 04:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on 27 Apr 2007 20:03:15 -0700
bob_the_rider wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga wrote:

I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
****s me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
take responsibility for you.

See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
life expectancy isn't looking too good.

Don't get out all that much with other riders eh?

There's a lot of talk amongst riders about how fools stuff things up
for others, such as more police presence, higher insurance costs, and
road rage.

Of course the ones who are being ****s don't like to hear it so put
their fingers in their ears and chant "lalalalala" while pretending
that everyone else is jealous of their wheelie skills.

Zebee
Old April 28th 07, 06:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 28, 1:03 pm, bob_the_rider wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga wrote:

I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
****s me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
take responsibility for you.

See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
life expectancy isn't looking too good.

Don't take responsibility for me... you putting that trip on yourself.

Read what I said - I don't. I just find myself having to refuse to,
when others lump me in with you. Personally I think red-light-runners
are tools. Get out of bed five minutes earlier.

Donga

Old April 28th 07, 12:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Apr 28, 12:49 pm, bob_the_rider
wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:20 am, Skewer wrote:

One word, ****!

Pete.B

Why Pete? Is it that I offend your sense of decency? I have a tip for
you: worry less about what other people do.

When what other people do directly affects my experience as a cyclist,
I worry about it.
When dickheads like you run red lights, and then the car driver
sitting next to me abuses me for it, I get ****ed off with both the
driver (duh, *I'm* not the one doing the wrong thing) and the arsehole
on the bike who openly flaunts the rules that we all are supposed to
play by. The rules exist to make our roads safer and more
predictable, and they apply to everyone, not just those who *you*
think they should (obviously not you, you're -way- above the law,
eh?), but to all of us. If we want to share a resource (the road) then
we have to ride with courtesy and with responsibilty, if we expect
other road users to treat us with respect and courtesy and to play by
the rules, we have to do the same.

You may not have ridden much after the hellride rider killed James
Gould, but I did, and I copped a lot of flak because of that.
Noticeably and significantly more than at 'normal' times.

You do *not* live in a bubble, your actions affect other people. If
you don't get that, you're a dickhead, if you do, and you keep doing
it, you're an arsehole as well.

FWIW, I ride a motorcycle too, and when I see some fool doing 100km
down a side street on one wheel, I think 'thank's mate, you're really
giving motorcyclists a good rep ... I wonder if anyone will care when
the next government 'safety tax' gets put on us'.

Old April 29th 07, 12:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ritcho[_5_]

bob_the_rider Wrote:
Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
care less about what those ignorant and arrogant
"my-road-causes-I-pay-
my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

bob

You don't have to be cycling ambassador to follow the rules. For all
your sanctimonious raving about being picked on for running red lights,
I'll bet you're the first to complain when a motorist cuts _you_ off.

Remember: red = stop... complicated eh?

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old April 29th 07, 04:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
none

wrote:

[...]

+1 Bleve, spot on!
Spoken4
Old April 29th 07, 11:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_46_]

Bobby boy,

Whilst I can see where you're coming from and I agree that we shouldn't
take responsibility for other people's actions, the fact of the matter
is that it takes a tad more than the average Aussie to actually
comprehend the fact that ONE cyclist behaving like a ****, does not
mean that all cyclists behave like ****s. However, unfortunately most
people in this country do not meet the level of commonsense required to
comprehend such logic.

I don't care what others do - only when it directly affects me.

Far too often, I end up having to defend myself at work, because some
of my dumb colleagues thinks all cyclists are @rseholes and make
comments such as "I could just knock them off their little bikes". The
last time it happened, I explained to them that I, and the people I ride
with, do the right thing and that they really should start complaining
about all the cars holding them up - mainly the parents driving their
little brats to school. That left some blank looks on their faces -
they simply had never thought to view the problem from an angle other
than an aggressive one.

I can't understand why we can't all just do the right thing and abide
by the laws. What's so hard about that, and what makes some people too
fscking good for that?

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old April 30th 07, 12:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:22:17 +1000
LotteBum wrote:

Bobby boy,

Whilst I can see where you're coming from and I agree that we shouldn't
take responsibility for other people's actions, the fact of the matter
is that it takes a tad more than the average Aussie to actually
comprehend the fact that ONE cyclist behaving like a ****, does not
mean that all cyclists behave like ****s. However, unfortunately most

If it was only one, wouldn't be a problem....

Zebee

HID MTB Lights ? Trevor_S Australia 3 February 26th 06 11:27 PM
Lights Doki UK 16 March 11th 04 04:52 PM
LED lights again Ben UK 4 February 15th 04 10:54 AM
Lights! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 5 January 24th 04 09:39 PM
Break lights turn lights and handle bar lights Truepurple Techniques 30 November 17th 03 04:02 AM