Do some cyclists seek confrontation?

Old May 4th 07, 07:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
treadly&me[_12_]

Default Do some cyclists seek confrontation?

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
me wrote:
Hands up who wants that to happen all the time? (Personally, I'd
prefer a clear run through to the bike box, if there is one.)

You'd prefer that the car turned across your lane as you were going
straight
on?

No, but maybe I should clarify: I'd prefer a clear run to the bike box
-while the traffic is stationary-.

--
treadly&me

Old May 4th 07, 01:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_118_]

treadly&me Wrote:
No, but maybe I should clarify: I'd prefer a clear run to the bike box
-while the traffic is stationary-.that can still be a problem if the lights change as you are riding up

and they can't see you in their quarter's even if they look.

We expect drivers to wait a few seconds for us, why not give them a few
as well ( there are 86400 of them in a day) so what is wrong with
holding back behind a stationary car signalling a turn and making sure
they don't have to contend with getting a crushed body out from under
their wheels.

We all have to use common sense and give a little courtesy and respect,
even where right of way may be ours sometimes.
_____________________
*visible, predictable and legal.*

--
rooman

Roadie & Track

Old May 5th 07, 01:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Meeba[_2_]

Michael Warner Wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2007 01:01:29 +1000, Aeek wrote:

Which is why I often pull out of the bike lane and slot in behind.

l slot in behind car as well if its safe ,but then sometimes other
cyclists move up along bike lane to where l was, thus causing same
problem.It is difficult in peak ride times,just have to judge each
situation as they arise.

--
Meeba

Old May 10th 07, 10:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_34_]

treadly&me Wrote:
Anyway, it looked a lot like the action of someone who deliberately
wanted to engage in a bit of argy-bargy. And it left me wondering, why?

Some of us are chilled out, some of us have short fuses and some of us
don't have a fuse at all. I think I'm one of the latter on some days.
BUT! I believe I have a good grasp of the rules and I will not turn
nutter on someone innocent.
I will rip apart anyone who does something stupid that risks my
safety.

I've seen exactly the situation you describe happen right in front of
me. I had backed off because I could see I wasn't going to make it
around the corner and I could see the driver had indicated right and
yet this tool in front of me barged on through and then hurled abuse at
the driver when they turned right!
Rider = tool. If a car suddenly decides to head down 'that' street and
cuts someone off then they are the tool.

There seem to be a few riders who think the road is all theirs (and I
do this 'to an extent'.. so hang me) but where have we seen this
before? Yeah, drivers.

hippy

--
hippy