Who's copying who???

Old May 9th 07, 08:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Default Who's copying who???

http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old May 9th 07, 08:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_137_]

Bean Long Wrote:
'http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au'
(http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/)
'http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com' (http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com/)

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

lol

some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike
clubs

--
rooman

Old May 9th 07, 09:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
EuanB[_58_]

Bean Long Wrote:
http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of
Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs
Plone).

--
EuanB

Old May 9th 07, 09:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Simon[_2_]

Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

Old May 9th 07, 09:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On May 9, 5:23 pm, rooman rooman.2qb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Bean Long Wrote: 'http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au'
(http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/)
'http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com'(http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com/)

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

lol

some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike
clubs

--
rooman

It resembles MTBDirt and RoadGrime in Qld - forums that are commercial
ventures by the webmaster. As you say ...

Nice to see Cairns Cycling Club going from strength to strength - I
had a great time riding with them for a couple of years - very active
racing program - and the coffee stop has hopefully improved. If you
ever get the chance to go to Cairns for the May long weekend, have a
hit out in the Tour of the Tableland.

Donga

Old May 9th 07, 11:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon wrote:

Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/eve...780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?

Andre
Old May 9th 07, 11:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
me[_3_]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Long
Nah, just a very similar CMS or template/skin. For example, not so
long ago, virtually every second Wordpress blog looked as if it was a
variation on the tried & true Kubrick theme. Anyway, things have
progressed since then, thank goodness for open source & all those
fantastic WP developers out there!

Old May 9th 07, 01:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
petulance

On May 9, 5:04 pm, Bean Long wrote:
http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.a...yclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

well, this club obviously didn't copy anyone ...

http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/News.htm

Old May 9th 07, 02:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On May 9, 6:05 pm, EuanB
wrote:
Bean Long Wrote:http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of
Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs
Plone).

They're using the same CMS, but it's not Plone. Plone leaves a trail
through the source that's easy to find (view source ...). But that's
some other CMS, and they've both done minor tweaks to the skin of the
CMS. It's written in ASP so it's some microsloth thing.

Old May 10th 07, 12:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Aeek wrote:
On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon wrote:

Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/eve...780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?

With bells on!

Actually no bell but I'll be there!

Copying tricks Lucas1wheel Unicycling 8 February 25th 06 12:00 AM
Copying tricks Jerrick Unicycling 1 February 24th 06 08:06 PM