Gone with the wind?

Old May 30th 07, 02:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_230_]

Default Gone with the wind?

Bleve Wrote:

Crosswind for me, gusty and quite a handful, but manageable. Helps to
be heavy, and used to a bike being pushed around a bit.

I had the same problems a couple of years ago, with hippy volunteering
to be draught boy out the front (!) Funny thing is I'm not as petit as
previously, but still getting literally thrown around in the wind. In
happier news, went down to Abbotsford Cycles last night & picked up
integrated shifters, bar tape & various other goodies for the
unfinished Steed project, so now there's a higher probabality of lard
removal with some secret hill training over winter. Well thats the plan
at the mo. (maybe subject to change)

--
cfsmtb

Old May 30th 07, 09:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_48_]

i had to head out to Moonee Ponds in the morning (Tuesday) and headed
out thru docklands and then up Moonee Ponds Creek. When i got to
Docklands the headwind was so fierce, at one stage i as in first gear,
larfing at the insanity of it all when a guy walked up next to me from
behind!
Big grins on the people going the other way tho

--
flyingdutch

Old May 30th 07, 10:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_72_]

flyingdutch Wrote:
i had to head out to Moonee Ponds in the morning (Tuesday) and headed
out thru docklands and then up Moonee Ponds Creek. When i got to
Docklands the headwind was so fierce, at one stage i as in first gear,
larfing at the insanity of it all when a guy walked up next to me from
behind!
Big grins on the people going the other way tho

6 days of enforced rest from a bit of sickness and this was my first
morning out for the 6 days and it does not sound as bad as yesterday,
but it was certainly blowy this morning, cold and WET...

I LOVE Melbourne.

--
MikeyOz

Old May 31st 07, 02:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On May 31, 7:52 am, MikeyOz MikeyOz.2rf...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

i had to head out to Moonee Ponds in the morning (Tuesday) and headed
out thru docklands and then up Moonee Ponds Creek. When i got to
Docklands the headwind was so fierce, at one stage i as in first gear,
larfing at the insanity of it all when a guy walked up next to me from
behind!
Big grins on the people going the other way tho

6 days of enforced rest from a bit of sickness and this was my first
morning out for the 6 days and it does not sound as bad as yesterday,
but it was certainly blowy this morning, cold and WET...

I LOVE Melbourne.

I'm carrying my new track wheels[1] to DISC tonight strapped to my
back on the motorbike, and just taking them to the office half-way
this morning was .. entertaining. I hope the glue sticks, I've not
used tubs before, but the boss at the LBS glued them for me and he's
done it many times ... should be ok .. They're in a wheelbag, so
won't get wet, but they're a big airfoil. Gusty == fun!

Bring on the cold and wet! We'll go snow-MTB'ing again.

[1] Bontrager Carbon Race-Lite Aeros. Snazzy ... won't make me any
faster, but -way- sexier. they're discontinued wheels so the local
Trek rep got 'em cheap for me. w00t. Graham Brown used the same wheels
at Launceston last summer, so I figure I won't be able to spin the
hubs out .. he's a -tiny- bit stronger than me
They look hr0n with Tufo S3 pros, all the colours match, very pretty
bling.

http://willybikes.com/itemdetails.cf...ogId=1&id=8631

A wet day but the wind had gone! Pinky UK 0 December 15th 06 06:44 PM
getting the wind behind you [email protected] UK 13 March 1st 06 11:55 AM
Wind Larry General 15 June 4th 05 12:10 PM
Wind - not all bad! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 0 May 20th 05 09:24 AM
Wind BigRab UK 28 January 18th 05 05:51 PM