What would the Devil have driven?

Old January 9th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default What would the Devil have driven?

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
Old January 9th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Old January 9th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Just A User

donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

Old January 9th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
George Conklin

"Just A User" wrote in message
donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

Actually God drove a Plymouth, because it says in the bible, "And in his
Fury he drove them out."

Old January 9th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
Chalo

donquijote1954 wrote:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

"In New York, there are towers of glass. It is the most beautiful and
terrible city on earth. All good, all evil exist there-- and if you
know where to look, you can find the Devil. He drives down 42nd
street in a Cadillac with black windows. He lives down on Park Avenue
surrounded by his servants."

-- from _Bliss_ by Peter Carey

Old January 9th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

In rec.bicycles.misc Just A User wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Hoo sez the Devil doesn't exist! I saw him just the other day, driving
a six-wheeled Ford F-350, all alone, tailgating and talking on a cell
phone.

Bill

__o | A tyrant must put on the appearance
_`\(,_ | of uncommon devotion to religion.
(_)/ (_) | - Aristotle

Old January 9th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

Someone writes:

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a
bike. Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being
deal or the devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the
devil would have driven something with an evil sounding name like
"Viper"

Oh, you mean like most athletic teams: Raiders, Cougars, Cheetahs,
Outlaws, Wranglers, Pirates, Bears, Orcas... It's all too macho for me.

Even my Jordan Jr. High, named after David Starr Jordan, an
ichthyologist, were naturally the Dolphins, but were recently
rechristened to the Cheetahs, the former name being to soft.

Team sports are America's unifying religion. Just watch what men read
first after buying a newspaper before boarding the train/bus/trolly.
The fiercer the better, but we weren't always that way. Some older
teams kept their civilized names like Orioles, man what a namby pamby
name. How can you follow the exploits of such a team.

Gino Bartali vs. Lance Armstrong, the all American boy! Oops that was
Jack Armstrong.

Jobst Brandt
Old January 10th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
William

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Your just one of many who have been tricked by the devil.
Old January 10th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Ron Wallenfang

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:
I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

The devil probably rides a bicycle from time to time. Perhaps this
could happen by his assuming human form and engaging in whatever
activity is conducive, at the moment, to lead a person into sin, which
could include riding a bike. Or it could happen via demonic
possession. Consider this summary from the Catholic Encyclopedia:

"Assuming the reality of demoniac possession, for which the authority
of Christ is pledged, it is to be observed that Jesus appealed to His
power over demons as one of the recognised signs of Messiahship
(Matthew 12:23, 28; Luke 11:20). He cast out demons, He declared, by
the finger or spirit of God, not, as His adversaries alleged, by
collusion with the prince of demons (Matthew 12:24, 27; Mark 3:22;
Luke 11:15, 19); and that He exercised no mere delegated power, but a
personal authority that was properly His own, is clear from the direct
and imperative way in which He commands the demon to depart (Mark
9:24; cf. 1:25 etc.): "He cast out the spirits with his word, and he
healed all that were sick" (Matthew 8:16). Sometimes, as with the
daughter of the Canaanean woman, the exorcism took place from a
distance (Matthew 15:22 sqq.; Mark 7:25). Sometimes again the spirits
expelled were allowed to express their recognition of Jesus as "the
Holy One of God" (Mark 1:24) and to complain that He had come to
torment them "before the time", i.e the time of their punishment
(Matthew 8:29 sqq; Luke 8:28 sqq.). If demoniac possession was
generally accompanied by some disease, yet the two were not confounded
by Christ, or the Evangelists. In Luke 13:32, for example, the Master
Himself expressly distinguishes between the expulsion of evil spirits
and the curing of disease.

Christ also empowered the Apostles and Disciples to cast out demons in
His name while He Himself was still on earth (Matthew 10:1 and 8; Mark
6:7; Luke 9:1; 10:17), and to believers generally He promised the same
power (Mark 16:17). But the efficacy of this delegated power was
conditional, as we see from the fact that the Apostles themselves were
not always successful in their exorcisms: certain kinds of spirits, as
Christ explained, could only be cast out by prayer and fasting
(Matthew 17:15, 20; Mark 9:27-28; Luke 9:40). In other words the
success of exorcism by Christians, in Christ's name, is subject to the
same general conditions on which both the efficacy of prayer and the
use of charismatic power depend. Yet conspicuous success was promised
(Mark 16:17). St. Paul (Acts 16:18; 19:12), and, no doubt, the other
Apostles and Disciples, made use of regularly, as occasion arose, of
their exorcising power, and the Church has continued to do so
uninterruptedly to the present day."

Demonic possession isn't widely reported these days but that doesn't
mean it doesn't happen. Too often people think that if they didn't
hear about it in the mainstream media, it didn't happen. Anyway
demoniacs can carry on all the normal activities of daily life, and
that surely includes riding a bike.
Old January 10th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
John Smith

"Just A User" wrote in message
donquijote1954 wrote:
Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

Since when was it decided that the son of god would have ridden a bike.
Personally I don't believe in any of the whole supreme being deal or the
devil for that matter. But if I did I would say the devil would have
driven something with an evil sounding name like "Viper"

The devil was recently seen in NY at the UN, one could still smell the
sulfur for quite some time after he left.

JS

Hand driven Unicycle fontiminal Unicycling 15 December 11th 08 10:45 AM
What would the Devil have driven? donquijote1954 General 109 January 22nd 08 02:28 AM
chain driven question tjheller Unicycling 7 November 8th 06 07:02 AM
Chain driven dynamo? Chris Eilbeck UK 8 September 28th 06 06:36 PM
Chain driven question glopal Unicycling 5 September 13th 03 02:04 PM