Mountain Biker Openly Advocates Riding Closed Parks & Trails!

Old January 30th 08, 01:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Biker Openly Advocates Riding Closed Parks & Trails!

From: "Bob Carlson"
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:04:32 -0700
Subject: CA's fiscal emergency doggie

I find it insane to think that they would try to keep people off of
public land just because no money is being spent on the parks. I moved
away from the BA in 2004 and now have houses in Eugene, OR and Tucson,
AZ (and some money left over.) In both Tucson and Eugene, most or all
of the riding within an hour is just on public land and the trails are
not maintained by any public agency. In both places, miles of new
trails are being built this winter, all by volunteers. The whole idea
of “closed” public land is absurd.

If Coe is closed, just keep right on riding and working on the trails.

Cheers, Bob

Old January 30th 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment

Yawn...same banter, all opinions, no facts.