Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

Old February 4th 08, 07:29 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Default Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Ever drive in Chicago?
Why? I've never been there (aside from the airport, which is the
pits).

Drive in Chicagoland, and you will find out what aggressive drivers
are like.

Given how factually challenged everything else you posted is, why
should I believe you?

Mr. Zaumen is confusing his opinions with facts.

Liar.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 4th 08, 07:29 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
vey writes:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Ever drive in Chicago?

People told me how awful it was to drive in Boston and Chitown.

Well, I have driven in Boston and ridden a bike there. Now, drivers
could be pretty eratic, but it was random - they weren't targeting
anyone in particular. But that was a while ago, and conditions may
have changed.
I can see why Tom Sherman had to try to change the subject,
though. :-)

Ever drive in the 'hood?

Have you graduated from high school?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 4th 08, 08:08 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Mike Jacoubowsky schrieb:

Besides, Europe is loaded with bike lanes and separate bike paths. I don't
hear people clamoring to get rid of them.

Then you don't listen carefully.
Old February 4th 08, 02:48 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan Connelly

Bill Z. wrote:

Have you graduated from high school?

Bill, you truly have too much time on your hands.
Old February 4th 08, 07:11 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Andrew Price

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:31:10 -0800, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

[---]

Besides, Europe is loaded with bike lanes and separate bike paths.

And they are highly criticised within the European cycling community
as being very dangerous, with ever more demands for their abolition.

I don't
hear people clamoring to get rid of them. Are they just too dumb over there
to recognize the dangers? They're drinking the cyanide-laced Kool-Aid
unwittingly?

Read the German cycling group de.rec.fahrrad for a few days - that
should set you straight.
Old February 4th 08, 10:21 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Dan Connelly writes:

Bill Z. wrote:

Have you graduated from high school?

Bill, you truly have too much time on your hands.

Let's just say that I don't have much patience for someone who's
"contribution" to a discussion consists of statements like
"Ever drive in the 'hood?".

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 5th 08, 02:57 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Jeremy

In ba.bicycles Jens M?ller wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky schrieb:

Besides, Europe is loaded with bike lanes and separate bike paths. I don't
hear people clamoring to get rid of them.

Then you don't listen carefully.

Me too (or three or four). The bike lanes in Amsterdam pose a variety of
problems from my perspective, although I would guess most users here fail
to notice or think they're better than the alternative.
Old February 5th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc, ba.bicycles
Jym Dyer

It sounds to me like you want to start an argument.

=v= I never thought I'd see the day when Bill Z was quoting
RicSilver. :^) You forgot to preserve the typos, though.
_Jym_

--
"Scew you, Jym, your a moran."
Old February 5th 08, 04:20 AM posted to ba.bicycles, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc
keithv

Mike Jacoubowsky schrieb:
Besides, Europe is loaded with bike lanes and separate bike paths. I don't
hear people clamoring to get rid of them.

Then you don't listen carefully.

Me too (or three or four). The bike lanes in Amsterdam pose a variety of
problems from my perspective, although I would guess most users here fail
to notice or think they're better than the alternative.

Take a look at this bike path in Amsterdam:
http://www.klimb.org/Images/funny4.jpg

Keith
Old February 5th 08, 04:38 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

different matter than just wanting to intimidate them with mass.
No, you really don't have a clue.

Get out of Silly Cone Valley and into the rest of the world. I see a
projection of an environment that is atypical of the whole onto the
whole being performed here.

That's your most cluless comment to date. Come back when you have
something substantive to say.

Sorry, but I observe what happens in the real world, rather than
believing things work according to some vehicle code. Spend some time in
the 'hood - it would be educational to say the least.