Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

Old February 7th 08, 09:13 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:
Come here and drive in the 'hood, and see how you do. Hint: NEVER,
EVER MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH ANOTHER DRIVER.
How stupid can you be?

OK, come to the 'hood and get capped by a gangbanger. This ain't Silly
Cone Valley. Its your funeral (literally), not mine.
Are you an adult?

Enough to know that looking at someone in the 'hood could be
interpreted as a challenge. Not a smart thing to do to someone who may
well be armed and not care too much about going back to prison for a
bit.

I would like to see Zaumen come to the 'hood and pontificate on the
motor vehicle code.
Why don't you cut your childish banter and act like an adult? Nobody
is going to get shot at merely for keeping track of the vehicles and
pedestrians around them to avoid hitting someone.

One can do that without making eye contact.

Mr. Zaumen would not do well in the 'hood with his attitude.

You are not going to be shot for "making eye contact" while driving
when you are obviously just trying to make sure that someone saw you
or knows that you saw them.

Answer the question Zaumen - have you ever spent much time in the 'hood?
Have you ever made acquaintance with anyone who has spent their whole
life living in the 'hood?

The answers to the above seem to be obvious.

Of course, maybe Mr. Zaumen would ward off violence by quoting the
appropriate section of the criminal code to the gang-banger. I am sure
if the gang-banger knew violence was illegal, he would not commit it.

Old February 7th 08, 09:14 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Citation?
Stop playing childish games. You behavior was documented over and
over
the last few days.

Citations?

Still playing silly games?

If my behavior has been documented, then provide a citation for the
documentation. That is hardly an unreasonable request.

Old February 8th 08, 12:15 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Ever drive in Chicago?
Why? I've never been there (aside from the airport, which is the
pits).

Drive in Chicagoland, and you will find out what aggressive drivers
are like.
Given how factually challenged everything else you posted is, why
should I believe you?

Mr. Zaumen is confusing his opinions with facts.
Liar.

Channeling Vandeman?
How can an opinion be a lie?
You made a very clear, false statement about me, and you lied.

What false statement? How can an opinion be a lie?

It was worded as a statement of fact, not as an opinion.

Nonsense.

No, I described exactly how you worded it. Lying won't change it.
This discussion would be slightly less unproductive if Mr. Zaumen
could stop confusing statements of opinions with statements of facts.

Mr. Zaumen's posting of "Liar" is reminiscent of Mr. Vandeman's online
posting style, no?

No! I complained about what really was a lie - a statement of yours
about me that had no basis in fact.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 8th 08, 12:17 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
vey writes:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Ever drive in Chicago?
People told me how awful it was to drive in Boston and Chitown.
Well, I have driven in Boston and ridden a bike there. Now, drivers
could be pretty eratic, but it was random - they weren't targeting
anyone in particular. But that was a while ago, and conditions may
have changed.
I can see why Tom Sherman had to try to change the subject,
though. :-)

Ever drive in the 'hood?
Have you graduated from high school?

Well, I dropped out once from high school, but that was due to crappy
teachers, administrators and students.
It shows.

Yes, I was smart enough to get away from incompetent teachers, petty
and vindictive administrators, and ignorant redneck students.

I do have a engineering degree in transportation facilities design,
however. I even have both "English" and "Metric" copies of the AASHTO
"Green Book".

Since you want to play this game, what are your credentials in
transportation facility analysis and/or design?
I'm not impressed.

Zaumen brought up educational achievement, but to this point has
refused to post how his is relevant to the subject. Will he post his
transportation facility design related credentials, or does he not
have any?

Another lie - I asked if you had graduated from high school because
of your resmark, "Ever drive in the 'hood". The issue was not your
educational achievement but your level of maturity.

What is a "resmark"?

What you get when your finger isn't positiioned completely over the
'e' and you end up hitting the 's' as well.

silliness snipped
Old February 8th 08, 12:18 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Mr. Zaumen would not do well in the 'hood with his attitude.

You are not going to be shot for "making eye contact" while driving
when you are obviously just trying to make sure that someone saw you
or knows that you saw them.

Answer the question Zaumen - have you ever spent much time in the
'hood? Have you ever made acquaintance with anyone who has spent their
whole life living in the 'hood?

The answers to the above seem to be obvious.

Of course, maybe Mr. Zaumen would ward off violence by quoting the
appropriate section of the criminal code to the gang-banger. I am sure
if the gang-banger knew violence was illegal, he would not commit
it.

Troll.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 8th 08, 12:19 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Citation?
Stop playing childish games. You behavior was documented over and
over
the last few days.

Citations?

Still playing silly games?

If my behavior has been documented, then provide a citation for the
documentation. That is hardly an unreasonable request.

Read your posts from the last week on rec.bicycles.soc.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 8th 08, 12:19 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Ever drive in Chicago?
Why? I've never been there (aside from the airport, which is the
pits).

Drive in Chicagoland, and you will find out what aggressive drivers
are like.
Given how factually challenged everything else you posted is, why
should I believe you?

Mr. Zaumen is confusing his opinions with facts.
Liar.

Channeling Vandeman?
How can an opinion be a lie?
You made a very clear, false statement about me, and you lied.

What false statement? How can an opinion be a lie?
It was worded as a statement of fact, not as an opinion.

Nonsense.

No, I described exactly how you worded it. Lying won't change it.

How can one explain to Mr. Zaumen what is and what is not a lie?

This discussion would be slightly less unproductive if Mr. Zaumen
could stop confusing statements of opinions with statements of facts.

Mr. Zaumen's posting of "Liar" is reminiscent of Mr. Vandeman's online
posting style, no?

No! I complained about what really was a lie - a statement of yours
about me that had no basis in fact.

How can an opinion be a lie? Only on Planet Zaumen, one supposes.

Old February 8th 08, 12:23 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
vey writes:

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...]

Spell checker not functional?

Old February 8th 08, 12:26 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Citation?
Stop playing childish games. You behavior was documented over and
over
the last few days.

Citations?
Still playing silly games?

If my behavior has been documented, then provide a citation for the
documentation. That is hardly an unreasonable request.

Read your posts from the last week on rec.bicycles.soc.

Where is the documentation from a recognized authority on silliness?