Local shopping by bike with half a cat basket

Old June 3rd 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Default Local shopping by bike with half a cat basket

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
aquachimp writes:

That is clever, but my lovely bride objected to my plan to halve the cat.

Well. imo, the only really 'clever' bit is the how-to-attach-(insert
item) -to-the-rack bit.

I just used zip-ties to affix a milk crate onto my own Pletscher
rear rack. It's actually quite a secure attachment.

That's what I ended up doing to my Mothers bike a few weeks back.

I've grown quite appreciative of my Leggero Max[tm] trailer.
It readily converts into a shopping cart, inducing wide-eyed
amazement in the faces of onlookers. I've mostly been using
it for trips to/from the laundromat, though. When shopping
I tend to do one-at-a-time rides to various specialty shops
distributed throughout the city, instead of one-stop shopping.
It gives me excuses to ride more. The milk crate is usually
adequate for that.

The Leggero is quite a neat little solution. It reminds me of something
I saw linked in u.r.cycling a while back, but I can't quite bring it to
mind.

--
Dane Buson -
Clones are people two.
Old June 7th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On May 17, 11:39 am, aquachimp
wrote:
Hi,
It has been suggested to me that a cycling group might be interested
in this. I had thought cycling groups were purely for the sportive
competitor types, rather than those as might use a bike for sheer
niffty convienence.
However, this being rec biclcles MISC, I'll gamble it might be quite
appropriate afterall.

Anyhow, the same individual had also suggested I post my 'idea' on
instructables . com.

So I did.http://www.instructables.com/id/Loca...with-half-a-ca...

Scroll down for the bigger photo

It might interest you.

There are lots of other bike ideas there. (a solar powered one, a
shopping cart one etc)

Whilst Im at it; a couple of sites I found amusing might also tickle
someone's
fancy here (-:

http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-c...-capacity.html

(from;http://www.bikesatwork.com/bike-trailers/)

and that from an excellent source of bike related amusement (IMO)http://www.rideyourbike.com/cargo.html

By comparison, my shopping aid is considerably more modest.

Old June 7th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
aquachimp

On Jun 7, 6:47*am, wrote:
On May 17, 11:39 am, aquachimp
wrote:

[...]

By comparison, my shopping aid is considerably more modest.- Hide quoted text -

errr, hello. Was there something you wnated to say?

Bike SHopping Hank Brandenburg Techniques 0 August 27th 06 12:19 PM
Bike Shopping Mark Australia 9 September 23rd 05 08:26 AM
Bike Shopping flyingdutch Australia 2 September 22nd 05 01:23 PM
bike shopping Dan Off Road 2 June 4th 04 07:30 PM