RR: Colorado Trail (Part 3)

Old June 30th 08, 05:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default RR: Colorado Trail (Part 3)

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:34:38 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane
wrote:

On Jun 29, 4:15*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:10:06 -0700 (PDT), Corvus Corvax

wrote:
Day 3: A bivouac in Hell

The Hayman fire in 2002 was the largest fire in Colorado history,
burning 140,000 acres of forest

Almost as big as the area destroyed by mountain biking via
trailbuilding and extreme wreck-reation.

Please provide a cite for that stat.

Does the exact number really matter? We know it's A LOT!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 30th 08, 11:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
kayak44

wrote:
Day 3: A bivouac in Hell

The Hayman fire in 2002 was the largest fire in Colorado history,
burning 140,000 acres of forest

Almost as big as the area destroyed by mountain biking via
trailbuilding and extreme wreck-reation.

Please provide a cite for that stat.

Does the exact number really matter? We know it's A LOT!

Yes, when you are stating it as fact, then the exact number does
matter, otherwise you are LYING.