MD survives mountain bike crash (Vancouver, BC)

Old December 2nd 12, 07:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default MD survives mountain bike crash (Vancouver, BC)

Hmmm. Smart enough to diagnose his injuries, but not smart enough to avoid them? Mountain bikers are such IDIOTS!

Mike

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/s...spx?ID=1829269

MD survives mountain bike crash
SUMAS/CKNW(AM980)
Marcella Bernardo
11/28/2012

Rescue crews had to get creative tracking down a mountain biker who crashed on Sumas Mountain Wednesday afternoon.

The man used his cell phone to call for help, but when firefighters from Abbotsford arrived, they couldn't find him.

Assistant Fire Chief Dave Rivett says they sounded sirens until they got close enough for him to call them again, "It wasn't that tricky to get him off the mountain. Our main concern was that he definitely had a back injury and also, he was hypothermic by the time we were able to get to him. So, getting him packaged and getting him down, getting him medivaced out by helicopter was the important thing."

The man's name hasn't been released, but he's a Doctor, so he was able to self-diagnose his injuries.
Old December 3rd 12, 09:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Pete Puma

Mike Vandeman wrote:

[...]

Well, I suppose a diagnosis for MV would also be appropriate, by a qualified
psychiatrist, but in the meantime, if you'd like to contribute to the "Get
Mike Vandeman Laid" fund, have your credit card ready and call 1-800-HAND-
JOB.

Old December 4th 12, 02:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, December 3, 2012 12:02:03 AM UTC-8, Pete Puma wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

[...]

Thanks for demonstrating, for the millionth time, just what the typical mountain biker's IQ is, and where their mind is. You guys are your own worst enemies.