elbow ARMOR

Old March 28th 05, 09:51 PM
ColDawG

Default elbow ARMOR

i'm looking for some hard-shell elbow armor for MUniing
I have sixsixone 4x4 (semi soft) leg pads, and like those a lot, but I
want some hard shell elbow/forearm pads for more impact protection
i'm considering sixsixone race, and comp, as well as fox and roach
etc.
i want one w/ long forearm armor and just good comfort and protection

can anyone tell me if they like theirs and what kind i should get?

thanks

--
ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old March 28th 05, 10:37 PM
weissnp

I don't know if there are really hard shell arm armour out there but
sixsixone make arm armour also and there is also kris holm armour too.

--
weissnp - I know nothing!
weissnp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9347

Old March 28th 05, 10:41 PM
ColDawG

there's lots of hardshell biking armor, and the Roach stuff looks great,
i'm just wondering if people like it (because it's more $$$ than most
guards)

Old March 28th 05, 10:45 PM
MrBoogiejuice

I use the roach arm armour and I reckon it's pretty good. The material
on the back lets air pass through easily so your arms don't get too
sweaty.

--
MrBoogiejuice - Loyal subject of the crown

Sponge Bob is not a prophylactic!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

Old March 28th 05, 10:47 PM
TheObieOne3226

I can get 2x4's for $18+ship if that interests you.

--
TheObieOne3226 - SWAT

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old March 28th 05, 10:48 PM
ColDawG

hmm...
r they new or used?
i'm still leaning towards hardshell though

Old March 28th 05, 10:52 PM
TheObieOne3226

ColDawG wrote:
*hmm...
r they new or used?
i'm still leaning towards hardshell though *

Brand new. From 661. Totally legit. I just give you my sponsorship code
and you enter it....40%

Advice: I find I never hit my elbows. I have never hit my elbows once
while unicycling. I have, however, slid on them. 2x4's are good for
this, and adequate for hard impacts. They are somewhat uncomfortable
though.

Old March 28th 05, 10:57 PM
Smilymarco

I use the TSG Elbowguards

http://tinyurl.com/5plx4

--
Smilymarco - Bad Wildbad Bezwinger
Smilymarco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4110

Old March 28th 05, 11:57 PM
vivalargo

I've crashed a zillion times on my Muni and crash most every time out.
I rarely if ever smack my elbows--but eventually you and I will--as my
riding partner, Hans, did this last Sat. And he smacked it very hard.
His comment: I hate wearing these damn elbow pads but glad I had em on
this time.

So you were them for that once in a blue moon accident, and be glad you
had them on.

JL

--
vivalargo - Santa Barbara Unicycle Club
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old March 29th 05, 03:29 AM
tomblackwood

I use the Harbinger brand elbow protection, and have found it both
protective (nice hard plastic shell over the joint) and reasonably
comfortable. It doesn't have the forearm protection, but if you're
looking for pure elbow, I'd recommend it.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental

Wear Your Armor Charlie S. Mountain Biking 60 September 17th 04 12:48 AM
Another leg armor question digigal1 Unicycling 17 April 29th 04 05:29 PM
Sixsixone leg armor question Phuni Unicycling 18 April 1st 04 02:43 AM
Leg armor???? SEMPER_UNI Unicycling 18 February 10th 04 01:39 PM
New Roach Armor: no protection in back? Animation Unicycling 12 October 24th 03 08:21 PM