Where's your cyclocomputer mounted?

Old July 9th 05, 12:50 AM
Gooserider

Default Where's your cyclocomputer mounted?

I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Mike

Old July 9th 05, 02:51 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Gooserider" writes:
I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

On the right, when I had a cycle computer. I used
the left side for the handlebar headlight.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old July 9th 05, 04:04 AM
TLOlczyk

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:50:28 GMT, "Gooserider"
wrote:

I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Mike

Right over the stem.
Whether the actual mount is leftor right depends on the meter.

The reply-to email address is .
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.
Old July 9th 05, 04:06 AM
Mark Hickey

"Gooserider" wrote:

I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Last I saw mine, it was in my toolbox.

Mark "not much into watching the numbers" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 9th 05, 04:50 AM
Jeff Starr

wrote:

I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Mike

Hi, I have mine on the left on my LeMond.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old July 9th 05, 06:06 AM
Bob

Gooserider wrote:
I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Mike

Your car has a handlebar stem? g

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old July 9th 05, 02:47 PM
lowkey

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gooserider" writes:
I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and
he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on
the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you
guys
mount yours?

On the right, when I had a cycle computer. I used
the left side for the handlebar headlight.

Me too. It wasn't conscious decision.; The first one I got the LBS
installed it and that is how they did it. Ever since that seems the 'right'
way to do it.

--
'A person who never made a mistake
never tried anything new.' -albert einstein

Old July 9th 05, 02:56 PM
Bob Burns

Right, being right handed makes it easier to punch buttons.

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA

om...

Old July 9th 05, 04:29 PM

Gooserider wrote:
I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Isn't this a question like "Which way should the toilet paper unroll?"

In my case, I've got the cyclometer on the right on two bikes, on the
left on two bikes, and I forget on the other bike.

And, BTW, our toilet paper unrolls over the top.

- Frank Krygowski

Old July 9th 05, 04:31 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

At Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:50:28 GMT, message
was posted by
"Gooserider" , including some, all or none
of the following:

I was in the LBS today. My new bike is being built, and the wrench wanted to
ask me some questions about my fit. I'm buying a computer from them, and he
asked me which side of the stem I wanted it. I've always mounted it on the
left, just like the speedo in my car. It was instinctive. Where do you guys
mount yours?

Wherever it fits. The lights go on first (and maybe the Air Zound),
and the computer goes in whatever space is left.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk