Tactics

Old April 19th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Tactics

From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8

DR
Old April 19th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
wrote:

From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8

Whoa - that's messed up.
Old April 19th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
wrote:

From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8

Whoa - that's messed up.

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=r...dentialtour098

"With 800 metres to go, former track sprinter Theo Bos (Rabobank
Continental) put his right hand on Impey's shoulder and caused the crash.
The panel of UCI commissaires watched the TV replay several times but chose
not to take action against Bos for his involvement in the accident as it was
unclear whether or not he did it aggressively."

Old April 19th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie wrote:
From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8

Whoa - that's messed up.

Bos' explanation: Impey crowded me into the barriers, I laid my hand on
his shoulder to stop him moving in my direction then I hit a barrier
foot and we fell. He doesn't remember exact details ("it all went so
fast") and wants to see the video himself. He vehemently denies any
malintent, especially because that move would, and did, bring himself
down (implying that he would consider a foul play move that would not
bring himself down ...).
Old April 20th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Robert Chung wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie wrote:
From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8

Whoa - that's messed up.

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=r...dentialtour098

"With 800 metres to go, former track sprinter Theo Bos (Rabobank
Continental) put his right hand on Impey's shoulder and caused the crash.
The panel of UCI commissaires watched the TV replay several times but chose
not to take action against Bos for his involvement in the accident as it was
unclear whether or not he did it aggressively."

Better video:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/...y_bosimpey.mp4 (H.264
MPEG4, 512x288, 1:50 min, 16 MB, no sound)
Old April 20th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
From pro wrestling

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=r...ltour09/presid
entialtour098

"With 800 metres to go, former track sprinter Theo Bos (Rabobank
Continental) put his right hand on Impey's shoulder and caused the crash.
The panel of UCI commissaires watched the TV replay several times but chose
not to take action against Bos for his involvement in the accident as it
was
unclear whether or not he did it aggressively."

Better video:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/...y_bosimpey.mp4 (H.264
MPEG4, 512x288, 1:50 min, 16 MB, no sound)

Holy crap. If I was Impey, I'd be pretty ****ed.

I think the claim that it wasn't malicious is plausible, but what a
boner.

Old April 20th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Apr 19, 5:57*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I think the claim that it wasn't malicious is plausible, but what a
boner.

I could buy that if it had just been a shoulder butt or even just a
push, but it sure looks like Bos grabbed hold and hurled Impey forward
and sideways - not a "defensive" move.
Stupid, regardless.

DR
Old April 20th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:12:34 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
wrote:

On Apr 19, 5:57*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I think the claim that it wasn't malicious is plausible, but what a
boner.

I could buy that if it had just been a shoulder butt or even just a
push, but it sure looks like Bos grabbed hold and hurled Impey forward
and sideways - not a "defensive" move.

Yeah, but he basically throws the guy down in front of himself.

Very strange.
Old April 20th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Susan Walker wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie wrote:
From pro wrestling
Jump to about 3:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL-85X5Oh8
Whoa - that's messed up.

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=r...dentialtour098

"With 800 metres to go, former track sprinter Theo Bos (Rabobank
Continental) put his right hand on Impey's shoulder and caused the
crash. The panel of UCI commissaires watched the TV replay several
times but chose not to take action against Bos for his involvement in
the accident as it was unclear whether or not he did it aggressively."

Better video:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/...y_bosimpey.mp4 (H.264
MPEG4, 512x288, 1:50 min, 16 MB, no sound)

It's hard to imagine that all of this took place on the span of two
seconds, but it looks to me at just at the end of :25 he already has his
hand on Impey's shoulder and moved him slightly to the right. Impey then
moves back and Bos's hips move to the left. It could _possibly_ be that
his weight was going to take him into the barriers so he changed from
pushing Impey to the side to trying to pull himself back upright by
pushing Impey forward and across (and holding onto his jersey for
support). That seems a little far fetched, but there was no way that Bos
was going to throw Impey into the barrier without taking himself out in
the process.

CSC tactics Bounty Bob Racing 26 July 26th 08 08:54 AM
team tactics Bounty Bob Racing 21 September 6th 06 04:01 AM
Landis tactics Tsarkon Racing 1 July 21st 06 08:41 AM
Race Tactics mogulhead Australia 5 July 30th 05 07:19 PM
"Tactics...what do you mean?" Jet Racing 5 July 27th 05 09:19 AM