Michael Creed

Old April 19th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Charles[_2_]

Default Michael Creed

discuss the latest...
Old April 19th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Charles" wrote in message
discuss the latest...

Nothing to discuss. Rock Racing is in big financial trouble and is unlikely
to survive the season. Therefore they're dropping everyone but the tight
line stars.

Michael has been a moderately successful rider and that's not good enough in
a marketplace where there are so many exceptional riders. The problem is
that Michael is clean and a great many of the others weren't in the past.

So what would Michael look like compared to a perfectly clean peloton?

Old April 19th 09, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Apr 18, 6:03*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message

discuss the latest...

Nothing to discuss. Rock Racing is in big financial trouble and is unlikely
to survive the season. Therefore they're dropping everyone but the tight
line stars.

Michael has been a moderately successful rider and that's not good enough in
a marketplace where there are so many exceptional riders. The problem is
that Michael is clean and a great many of the others weren't in the past.

So what would Michael look like compared to a perfectly clean peloton?

Tom,

I don't really know M. Creed, though I'd recognize him in a crowd, but
have known of him since I first moved to CO in '94 when he (as a very
young jr) often raced with and soundly beat the cat IVs on the track.
I've followed his career over the years and have taken great pleasure
from reading his online postings on various forums. He's a pretty
funny guy and from what I can tell, a pretty straight shooter. Let
me go on the record that I am NOT accusing him of anything and am not
casting dispersions on him or his accomplishments. My concerns are
with your assessment and it's implications.

You proclaim him with no equivocation as "clean", but you have no more
solid info on this than you, or any of us, do on him or any other mid-
level pro rider. There is the distinct possibility that he was the
typical young wunderkid who did very well in the JR ranks but did not
quite have the requisite talent to excel against the very best in the
pro ranks. Maybe he was/is pretty good, but not quite good enough.

To proclaim that he is not a superstar merely because he's clean is
essentially the same as saying most anyone who beats him is not clean,
and that's a path I don't think we should go down. Do we really need
a Creed Line in addition to a Millar Line?

S.
Old April 20th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Scott" wrote in message

To proclaim that he is not a superstar merely because he's clean is
essentially the same as saying most anyone who beats him is not clean,
and that's a path I don't think we should go down. Do we really need
a Creed Line in addition to a Millar Line?

It's my belief that Michael Creed is as clean as they come. I do know the
kid a bit and his father hates me here so what's in my favor as well.

Old April 20th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Apr 19, 5:51*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

To proclaim that he is not a superstar merely because he's clean is
essentially the same as saying most anyone who beats him is not clean,
and that's a path I don't think we should go down. *Do we really need
a Creed Line in addition to a Millar Line?

It's my belief that Michael Creed is as clean as they come. I do know the
kid a bit and his father hates me here so what's in my favor as well.

Lot's of people hate you here, so I wouldn't take OMC's hatred of you
as anything special.

But, seriously... at least you now state it is your belief. FWIW, I
believe he's clean, too. Well, clean in so far as performance
enhancements go. Mind altering drugs, I'm not so sure. He's pretty
goofy.

Anyway, I'm still against the notion of questioning how M. Creed, or
any other rider, would've fared against a "clean" peleton, 'cause the
jury's still out. If some are right, EVERYONE is doping, including
the one's we think are clean, and if others are right, only a few are
doping. Either way, the conclusion would be that most riders are
competing on a level playing field against the majority of their
competitors.
Old April 20th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:00:16 -0700 (PDT), Scott
wrote:

Well, clean in so far as performance
enhancements go. Mind altering drugs, I'm not so sure. He's pretty
goofy.

Hahaha.
Old April 20th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Well, clean in so far as performance
enhancements go. *Mind altering drugs, I'm not so sure. *He's pretty
goofy.

Hahaha.

Yeah he is a bit goofy and passionate and has always spoke his mind no
matter what.
That's the way he is and I wouldn't want it any other way.

http://www.velonews.com/article/9083...-let-go-by-the
http://nyvelocity.com/content/interv...9/creed-feed-6

He will be back, he hasn't taken that job at Burger King that was
predicted by Mr. Lafferty years ago.
He love racing his bike and to prove it, he showed up for a local race
at the Air Force Academy today
and seemed to enjoy every moment of it racing in a solid black jersey
and shorts as a unattached rider.
No worries, he is as tough as nails and will be around I'm very proud
to say.

"OMC"

Old April 20th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

He will be back, he hasn't taken that job at Burger King that was
predicted by Mr. Lafferty years ago.

As if Lafferty has ever predicted anything accurately....

He love racing his bike and to prove it, he showed up for a local race
at the Air Force Academy today and seemed to enjoy every moment
of it racing in a solid black jersey and shorts as a unattached rider.
No worries, he is as tough as nails and will be around I'm very proud
to say.

He will never be a "star" but he is a good and accomplished racer. There's
plenty of need in a clean peloton for riders like him. Let's hope that the
finances of the sport recover before he finds something else more
interesting to him.

Old April 20th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
chiefhiawatha

from reading his online postings on various forums. *He's a pretty
funny guy and from what I can tell, a pretty straight shooter. * Let
me go on the record that I am NOT accusing him of anything and am not
casting dispersions on him or his accomplishments.

Hey Emmitt Smith,

You cast aspersions, not dispersions.

Creed John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 6 April 8th 08 09:39 PM
What's Happening With Creed? Tom Kunich Racing 0 June 5th 06 03:01 PM
Antonio Cruz and Michael Creed leaving Discovery........??? [email protected] Racing 12 October 14th 05 12:41 AM
Michael Creed SFGP photos Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 3 September 9th 05 06:22 AM
BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr. Eric Harvey Racing 41 March 22nd 05 05:49 PM