Fulcrum 3 Whels and fitting a Cassette

Old April 22nd 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff[_9_]

Default Fulcrum 3 Whels and fitting a Cassette

Just purchased a set of Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels and I have tried to fita
new Ultegra 10 Speed cassette to them. The Shimano supplied lockring
bottoms out on the freehub before adding any tension to the cassette.

Is a specific Fulcrum lockring required or is it a case of adding an
additional spacer?

The gap between the lockring and cassette appaears to be equivilent or a
little bit greater than the silver flat spacersupplied with the cassette,

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jeff
Old April 22nd 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:16:05 +0800, Jeff wrote:

Just purchased a set of Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels and I have tried to fita
new Ultegra 10 Speed cassette to them. The Shimano supplied lockring
bottoms out on the freehub before adding any tension to the cassette.

Is a specific Fulcrum lockring required or is it a case of adding an
additional spacer?

The gap between the lockring and cassette appaears to be equivilent or a
little bit greater than the silver flat spacersupplied with the cassette,

Any assistance is appreciated.

Ten-speed Shimano and when to use a spacer has me confused too.

Old April 22nd 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Apr 22, 6:16*am, Jeff wrote:
Just purchased a set of Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels and I have tried to fita
new Ultegra 10 Speed cassette to them. The Shimano supplied lockring
bottoms out on the freehub *before adding any tension to the cassette.

Is a specific Fulcrum lockring required or is it a case of adding an
additional spacer?

The gap between the lockring and cassette appaears to be equivilent or a
little bit greater than the silver flat spacersupplied with the cassette,

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jeff

Must use the supplied with the cassette 1mm spacer.
Old April 22nd 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Apr 22, 6:23*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:16:05 +0800, Jeff wrote:
Just purchased a set of Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels and I have tried to fita
new Ultegra 10 Speed cassette to them. The Shimano supplied lockring
bottoms out on the freehub *before adding any tension to the cassette.

Is a specific Fulcrum lockring required or is it a case of adding an
additional spacer?

The gap between the lockring and cassette appaears to be equivilent or a
little bit greater than the silver flat spacersupplied with the cassette,

Any assistance is appreciated.

Ten-speed Shimano and when to use a spacer has me confused too.

Pretty simple. Use it on every freehub body except shimano, deep
splined aluminum, 10s shimano only freehub bodies, like DA wheels or
7800/7810 hubs. If it's shimano, deep and aluminum, spacer not
required. On everything else it is.

Old April 22nd 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff[_9_]

P. Chisholm wrote:
On Apr 22, 6:16 am, Jeff wrote:
Just purchased a set of Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels and I have tried to fita
new Ultegra 10 Speed cassette to them. The Shimano supplied lockring
bottoms out on the freehub before adding any tension to the cassette.

Is a specific Fulcrum lockring required or is it a case of adding an
additional spacer?

The gap between the lockring and cassette appaears to be equivilent or a
little bit greater than the silver flat spacersupplied with the cassette,

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jeff

Must use the supplied with the cassette 1mm spacer.

Peter,

Bit confused, as usual ,I have used the supplied spacer and there is
still a gap, an additional spacer is therefore required. Should the
spacer be fitted to the rear of the cassette or next to the lockring.

Jeff