Annual Road Find Thread

Old December 22nd 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Annual Road Find Thread

Okay, I'll start. After going three thousand miles over all kinds of
roads, urban, rural, and downright remote, I had nothing until the last
week of November. (People starting to get careful or clean around here?)
But I finally got something. My find of the year, modest as it is, is a
slightly rusted but still usable pair of needle-nosed pliers.
So how about the rest of you, what did you pick up [1] this year?

Bill

__o | When gas hit $3 a gallon,
[ ]___`\(,_ | People stopped asking why,
(_) (_)/ (_) | And asked, "Where can I get one?"

[1] For obvious reasons I didn't pick this one up, but on one occasion,
riding down the west shore of Utah Lake, I saw a boat. Evidently it had
fallen off a trailer, and the owners either didn't realize it, or decided
that in its damaged condition, it wasn't worth the effort to pick it up.
Old December 22nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Dec 22, 2:51 pm, wrote:
Okay, I'll start. After going three thousand miles over all kinds of
roads, urban, rural, and downright remote, I had nothing until the last
week of November. (People starting to get careful or clean around here?)
But I finally got something. My find of the year, modest as it is, is a
slightly rusted but still usable pair of needle-nosed pliers.
So how about the rest of you, what did you pick up [1] this year?

Bill

__o | When gas hit $3 a gallon,
[ ]___`\(,_ | People stopped asking why,
(_) (_)/ (_) | And asked, "Where can I get one?"

[1] For obvious reasons I didn't pick this one up, but on one occasion,
riding down the west shore of Utah Lake, I saw a boat. Evidently it had
fallen off a trailer, and the owners either didn't realize it, or decided
that in its damaged condition, it wasn't worth the effort to pick it up.

I found a small Gerber pocket knife about 3 weeks ago.

The handle (aluminum) had a few scratches and gouges, as if it had
been driven over but the blade is perfect.

Lewis.

*****
Old December 22nd 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Sanderson

wrote in message
Okay, I'll start. After going three thousand miles over all kinds of
roads, urban, rural, and downright remote, I had nothing until the last
week of November. (People starting to get careful or clean around here?)
But I finally got something. My find of the year, modest as it is, is a
slightly rusted but still usable pair of needle-nosed pliers.
So how about the rest of you, what did you pick up [1] this year?

snip

One pair foster grant "Patriot" sunglasses. Found a pair of "Ironman"
glasses two years ago.

A blinkie (since lost again)

A craftsman 13mm flare-nut wrench.

Really nice gloves.

Old December 23rd 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

My son found an iPod up on Skyline (SF peninsula). We've posted to
ba.bicycles and ba.motorcycles trying to find its owner; the name in the
iPod isn't any help. Soon as Christmas is over and it's safe to go near an
Apple store, we'll see if they can track it back via the serial number.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old December 23rd 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
patrick mitchel

The best leather work gloves I ever had
A leather fanny pack with 50 dollars in it (given back to owner that
described the contents a day later)
A flourescent green dildo (no I didn't post a note at the location asking
the owner to call and descrice for return!!)
Pat

Old December 23rd 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ted

So how about the rest of you, what did you pick up [1] this
year?
I found a very nice Craftsman adjustable wrench, 12 inches or so, in
the middle of the street. I had to hold up traffic to get it.
Fortunately close to home; it was hard to carry on my road bike.
Other than that just a lot of road kill.

Ted.
Old December 23rd 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
me

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:51:35 +0000, D_Frumious_B wrote:

Okay, I'll start. After going three thousand miles over all kinds of
roads, urban, rural, and downright remote, I had nothing until the last
week of November. (People starting to get careful or clean around
here?) But I finally got something. My find of the year, modest as it
is, is a slightly rusted but still usable pair of needle-nosed pliers.
So how about the rest of you, what did you pick up [1] this year?

Few days ago I found (saw) a small decorative blinkie ( red green blue)
meant to clip onto bag or similar. The caribiner type clip had failed.

I'm going to give it to a lady at the store who has some xmas decorations
around her neck.