Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Old November 5th 04, 06:00 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:00:51 -0500, Dave W wrote:

..On 3 Nov 2004 10:29:51 -0800, (JD) wrote:
..
.."terminaut" wrote in message .. .
.. "JD" wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
.. However, there are those who do know and have ridden
.. with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.
..
.. Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
.. you?
..
..It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
.."imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.

You're a mountain biker, aren't you?

.. Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
..
..JD
..
..WHO R-U?

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 5th 04, 07:57 AM
Bob Rogers

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"terminaut" wrote in

message .. .
"JD" wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
However, there are those who do know and have ridden
with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they

tell
you?

It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
"imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

JD

Liar...maybe
Asshole...yes
Hypocrite...most definitely
Good Father.......BBBWWAAAHHHAAA

Old November 5th 04, 12:27 PM
Bill Wheeler

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:15:43 -0500, "TBF"
wrote:

I've never ridden with JD....but I'm sure I could hang with him if I
did ride......now that's a lie.

Peace,
Bill

I'm sure your speaking for yourself right?

I would never speak for such a Real Man like you Oh Great TBF.

....zzz,zzzz,zzz,
bill
Old November 5th 04, 01:11 PM
TBF

wrote:

I've never ridden with JD....but I'm sure I could hang with him if I
did ride......now that's a lie.

Peace,
Bill

I'm sure your speaking for yourself right?

I would never speak for such a Real Man like you Oh Great TBF.

...zzz,zzzz,zzz,
bill

That's a good attitude to have Wheeler. Don't look farther than you can
stretch, which is usually the distance to JD's ass.

Old November 6th 04, 12:13 AM
bri719

Mike Vandeman wrote:

.It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
."imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.

You're a mountain biker, aren't you?

if mountain bikers are imaginary people, you should be glad - you can
stop your tirades already.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old November 7th 04, 03:54 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:11:36 -0500, "TBF"
wrote:

I would never speak for such a Real Man like you Oh Great TBF.

...zzz,zzzz,zzz,
bill

That's a good attitude to have Wheeler. Don't look farther than you can
stretch, which is usually the distance to JD's ass.

ROFLMAO!

TBF, you're an embarrassment. You're an embarrassment to men. You're
and embarrassment to women. You're and embarrassment to the human
race.

Please crawl back into the hole from which you came and quietly and
peacefully just stop existing.

Peace,
Bill
Old November 7th 04, 03:56 AM
Ride-A-Lot

terminaut wrote:

I guess I missed this post earlier.

"JD" wrote: in message
om...

Translation: "Where's the cavalry?!!!"

Another spin from the ballerina.

Seriously, you out to have your projections of wanting to be humped by
little ballerinas looked at.

Wondering if about 30 or so people
who post here enjoy being called "imaginary" and how many think that I
am a liar is not a call for anything other than an opinion.

Well, if you're seriously trying to do an opinion poll let's go whole-hog.

I ask you now, denizens of alt.mountain-bike. JD was interested in polling
for your opinions, so let's hear them if you exist.

1.) Do you think JD is being "brutally honest" when he boasted he was
"riding those trails" since 1986 in response to my mention of Holy Jim,
Trabuco, and Bell Ridge trails? It's especially humorous since he seems so
enthused to ride this: http://tinyurl.com/4chwp earlier this year. Keep in
mind this is one of the most traveled trails in the mountains and that we
hold races on it with hundreds of people participating. "Whodathunk?"

I've never met the man personally, but judging from his google past I
would believe it. Circumstantial evidence and related experiences are
very powerful.

2.) Do you think JD's stealing of copyrighted material is ok? I suppose in
his mind it's just a "small theft", so it's ok. That's how people like him
tend to rationalize.

Excuse me, but you used copyrighted music in your videos. {Cliche alarm
on} Two wrongs don't make a right, but isn't this the pot calling the
kettle black? {Cliche alarm off}

3.) Does JD's hypocrisy not startle you? He steals my photo (of which he has
apparently has no background knowledge):

http://www.spokejunkies.com/boardima...esthetrail.jpg

then posts this: "The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen
in that photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual
is being."

when in fact on his site you can find:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

Again, "The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
being."

I think that's probably enough polling points for now.

Is there a poll question in number 3?

You should have taken my advice when I first gave it to you. You are
not going to win this.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old November 7th 04, 08:14 AM
terminaut

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

I've never met the man personally, but judging from his google past I
would believe it. Circumstantial evidence and related experiences are
very powerful.

NOT powerful enough to overcome claims of riding his bike in 1986 on trails
that just weren't there to ride. Which particular google past are you
looking at that leads you to believe otherwise?

If you want to be kind, call it an embellishment on his part of whatever
truth there might be in an attempt to make himself look impressive. I've
gotta admit it seems to have worked on you, though.

Excuse me, but you used copyrighted music in your videos.

You're right about this and it has been a real quandary for me (although I
at least do own the CDs in the video). I've tried to avoid the problem by
putting together videos like the one below but people always comment that I
should add music so here we are. I'm not sure how Pete and others deal with
the issue.

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/sunnysocal.wmv

Is there a poll question in number 3?

Is he being hypocritical to make assumptions based on a picture with no
details about the location when he has pictures with similar content on his
site?

You should have taken my advice when I first gave it to you.

And as I've said, I'm just funning. Really, it's not a big deal to post
messages to newsgroups. Plus, these long threads make for great testing on
my site's usenet gateway.

You are not going to win this.

Oh I don't know about that... I'll bet that the next time I mention some
trails in our local mountains JD won't be throwing out a brag about having
ridden them since 1986. Let's test this theory out with an easy and popular
one. "Foot Race". As you might imagine, this trail is sometimes used for a
foot race event and has some of the steepest trail sections anywhere.

Old November 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Stephen Baker

terminaut says:

snip

Excuse me, but you used copyrighted music in your videos.

You're right about this and it has been a real quandary for me (although I
at least do own the CDs in the video).

I believe (and maybe BB has info on this) that use of copyright material for
"personal purposes" (i.e. not for monetary gain) is allowable. i.e., if I put
up a page of "My All-Time Favourite Mountain-Bike Pics" and include yours, then
it should be OK - if I have a page selling mountain-bike parts or services, and
use your pic to enhance my page, then I am in the wrong. Providing a link to
copyright material on the CR-holder's page is never a problem.

Steve