Negatives of nimbus trials?

Old December 27th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crosseyed

Default Negatives of nimbus trials?

hey everyone, i'm thinking about getting my first unicycle, i'm thinking
about doing trials and thinking about getting a nimbus trials. it's
about $320. is it worth my money? what are the negatives about this
unicycle?

--
crosseyed
Old December 27th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Great unicycle, except for the stock cranks which are plain bad. But you
can always replace them with something better when you need to, the hub
is ISIS.

The wheel is strong and the frame is good.

I have it with qu-ax cranks and plastic pedals and it's great for
street.

--
ivan

Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.
Old December 27th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

I have one and I love it.

The saddle is really nice and comfortable. However I currently have the
Street Fusion on mine.

The whole unicycle is really strong. Pretty lightweight. Very
comfortable.

About the cranks. I have the stock cranks on mine and I have found
nothing wrong with them. They appear to be strong, the only thing I
don't like is that I've stripped them.

Hope this helps

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mike.Grim

I've had my nimbus trials for about 9 months now and i love it..

only things ive changed are the cranks(moments) and the M3T41 pedals it
came with..

Also its upgradeable which is nice..

overall a really good uni imo

--
Mike.Grim
Old December 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

The frame sucks. If you plan to do any tech street at all, prepare to
tear many pantlegs.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

Inventor of the Slapflip.

BillyTheMountain for President 2012
Old December 27th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
simonb

peleschramm;1159077 wrote:
The frame sucks. If you plan to do any tech street at all, prepare to
tear many pantlegs.

Tell me about it, ive had my nimbus frame 5 months and im on my 5th
pair of ripped jeans.

Now, until i get a kh frame, i wera my KH amour over my jeans.

But, its a great beginner trials uni, i would definately recommend it.

--
simonb

)--360unispin-O 3rd place
Old December 27th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cbs

would the nimbus street solve the pants ripping problem?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1035

--
cbs
Old December 27th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jkohse

peleschramm;1159077 wrote:
The frame sucks. If you plan to do any tech street at all, prepare to
tear many pantlegs.

thats weird because ive had NO problems with ripped jeans. I think once
or twice i had my pant leg get caught on the frame, but no rippage. Have
you considered tighter pants? im not saying skinny jeans, but skinner is
nice for riding, or if you have shin pads on the outsite then theres no
problem.

Honestly though, the KH frame is awesome, but ill probably never buy
one for retail price, way to expensive. Ive had no issues with my nimbus
frame, what i really like about it is that it still as the threaded
bearing caps, so grinding and stalling is a sinch...

Currently im riding a nimbus frame with a KH, 08 wheelset. ( but i got
a good deal for it from UDC with the sponsorsip and work i did for
pete). But before that i had a nimbus trials with moments, no problems!

- Justin

--
Jkohse

www.justinkohse.com

www.municycle.ca

http://jkohse.blogspot.com

http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/blog5.php
Old December 27th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

I totaly Love my Nimbus Street frame! It helps with the pants thing too,
allthough I only wear shorts.

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old December 27th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cbs

UniKid2;1159217 wrote:
I totaly Love my Nimbus Street frame! It helps with the pants thing too,
allthough I only wear shorts.

rad, and how tall r u? cause im just over 5' and my inseam i think is
28". it says they can cut the frame short. that is the uni i want to
get!

--
cbs