another one: too fast, downhill, rides into a sheep.

Old August 16th 12, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default another one: too fast, downhill, rides into a sheep.

What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was uninjured.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...llenge-1262761

Old August 16th 12, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Aug 16, 6:12*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . *I hope the sheep was uninjured.http://www.dailyrecord..co.uk/news/s...nd-to-john-ogr...

I think that we can all understand your concern for the sheep:-

http://www.muttonbone.com/inflatable-sheep-specs/
Old August 16th 12, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:12:31 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was uninjured.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...llenge-1262761

Yet another **** - no consideration for other vulnerable road users - going too
fast.

Selfish *******.

Old August 17th 12, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

while training . *I hope the sheep was uninjured.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...nd-to-john-ogr...

I think that we can all understand your concern for the sheep:-

http://www.muttonbone.com/inflatable-sheep-specs/

Any particular reason why you are "familiar" with that web-site?

Old August 17th 12, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Squashme wrote:
On Aug 16, 6:12 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into
the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was
uninjured.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...nd-to-john-ogr...

I think that we can all understand your concern for the sheep:-

http://www.muttonbone.com/inflatable-sheep-specs/

very concerned, since a sheep is a valuable item.

Old August 17th 12, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
Squashme wrote:
On Aug 16, 6:12 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into
the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was
uninjured.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...nd-to-john-ogr...

I think that we can all understand your concern for the sheep:-

http://www.muttonbone.com/inflatable-sheep-specs/

very concerned, since a sheep is a valuable item.

In fact a vulnerable valuable item.

Old August 18th 12, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 17/08/2012 21:14, Phil W Lee wrote:
Kim Bolton considered Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:04:59
+0100 the perfect time to write:

Mrcheerful wrote:

What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was uninjured.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...llenge-1262761

Perhaps the fall in traffic volumes and annual mileages since the
start of the banking crisis has made the roads 'feel safer' for
cyclists, and they are getting over-confident or over-aggressive and
riding beyond their capabilities.

There must be some reason why KSI rates have fallen generally, except
for cyclists.

And pedestrians.
Why do you insist on making misleading assertions?

Pedestrian, motorcycle and car user casualties reported to the police
showed overall reductions of 1, 5 and 7 per cent respectively compared
with the year ending March 2010. Pedestrian, motorcycle and car user
casualties KSI also fell, by 3, 6 and 9 per cent respectively compared
with the previous 12 months.

However, the total number of reported pedal cycle casualties rose by 6
per cent, and the number killed or seriously injured rose by 10 per cent
compared to the 12 month period ending March 2010.

Why do you insist on making misleading assertions?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old August 18th 12, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

[...]

Completely meaningless unless its as a percentage of miles travelled
or numbers in use.

Otherwise the safest form of road transport is a wheelbarrow
Old August 18th 12, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was uninjured.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...llenge-1262761

With no mobile phone signal, it was very lucky that there was a passing
motorist to get him out of trouble.

Old August 18th 12, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

What is the matter with these cyclists?
Simon, from Ayr, suffered horrific injuries when he ploughed into the sheep
while training . I hope the sheep was uninjured.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...llenge-1262761

Perhaps the fall in traffic volumes and annual mileages since the
start of the banking crisis has made the roads 'feel safer' for
cyclists, and they are getting over-confident or over-aggressive and
riding beyond their capabilities.

There must be some reason why KSI rates have fallen generally, except
for cyclists.

And pedestrians.
Why do you insist on making misleading assertions?

Why do you insist on giving misleading information

killed or seriously injured (KSI) casualty numbers for pedestrians up 6%

for cyclists : up 11%

(DfT latest figures)