Cable routing on FSA k wings without internal routing.

Old June 11th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cable routing on FSA k wings without internal routing.

I got a pair of these and didn't realise they came in a OEM version without
the internal cable routing holes. Now the brake cables have to run under
the top of the bar. I dont want to tap the top of the bar but want to
secure the cable somehow to the bars at places.

Anyone else have this version and how did you deal with the brake cables.
Also how high did you tape up the bar? To the first flat section after the
hoods?

Old June 11th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"chad" wrote in message
I got a pair of these and didn't realise they came in a OEM version without
the internal cable routing holes. Now the brake cables have to run under
the top of the bar. I dont want to tap the top of the bar but want to
secure the cable somehow to the bars at places.

Anyone else have this version and how did you deal with the brake cables.
Also how high did you tape up the bar? To the first flat section after
the
hoods?

I don't know about this specific bar. I do have Easton EC70s which have a
flat on the leading edge for cables instead of holes or a groove. I run
tape up to the 'shoulder' and just make sure the cables are the right
length. They pretty much fall in place and don't move around when I'm
holding the top wing bit.

Does that help?

Skippy E&OE

Old June 11th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Are you certain that there is such a thing as an OEM version of these bars?

You really should return the bars and ask for a new set - never heard of FSA
K-wing bars with no holes for the cables.