Good Steel Frames

Old May 21st 04, 09:07 PM
danimal

Default Good Steel Frames

Hello

I am looking for a good steel frame to replace my aging 1990 Giant.
She's been mighty good to me but I would say it is way past time to
move on.

I have been researching steel frames and have been looking at both:

The Gunnar "Rock Hound"
http://www.waterfordbikes.com/gunnar/data/mainframe.htm

Salsa "Ala Carte"
http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_alacarte.html#

These are somewhat in my price range. Opinions about these two frames
and/or recommendations on other good steel frames that can be bought
in the $600-$700 range would be much appreciated.

-danimal

Old May 29th 04, 05:46 AM
Jim Flom

"danimal" wrote ...

I am looking for a good steel frame to replace my aging 1990 Giant.

The Gunnar "Rock Hound"
http://www.waterfordbikes.com/gunnar/data/mainframe.htm

Don't know about the other frame, but Gunnars are good frames, made by
Waterford. I'd buy one.