ouch

Old May 9th 05, 03:22 PM
audrey

Default ouch

Steph and I did our longest ride yet yesterday (44 for her and 47 for
me). We went on a 'Dawdling Docs' ride [1], meeting at Chorlton Water
Park and riding to Arley Hall then back via Tatton Park. A good ride
with a nice bunch of people, and a change not to have to do our own
navigation. Despite having to get off and push up those Cheshire
Peaks a couple of time, I feel like a True Cyclist (tm) as we had two
café stops and my hand-tan is coming on a treat.

It was quite a bit longer than I've done in one day before, and my
legs are still complaining about it. Total distance of the group ride
was 40 miles, with an extra 7 miles to/from the start point, which
takes us quite a bit nearer to our target 100 km [2].

[1] as organised by our LBS Bicycle Doctor

[2] we remain united in our "no we're not going to do the 100 miles
instead" position so ;-P

Old May 9th 05, 04:11 PM
dkahn400

David Martin wrote:

"me thinketh they protesteth too much ;-)" By the time it gets
to the 100km ride you'll be looking on it as a short amble around
the lanes ;-)

I'd agree with you, but I promised not to say anything about it for a
while. :-)

--
Dave...

Old May 10th 05, 12:57 AM
Steph Peters

David Martin of The University, Dundee, DD1
4HN, Scotland, UK. wrote:
Get out and ride gently for long enough to warm the legs up. That will help
the aches.

Precisely what I did. 2 mile amble around through the park to work at
amazingly low speed. Then realised I'd forgotten vital documents for a
meeting, had a million other things to do, so was immediately followed by
the 1.5 mile dash to home and back by the direct route.

[2] we remain united in our "no we're not going to do the 100 miles
instead" position so ;-P

"me thinketh they protesteth too much ;-)" By the time it gets to the 100km
ride you'll be looking on it as a short amble around the lanes ;-)

I will admit that my idea of an amble has gone up. Looking at those nice
light evenings, and realising I'll be missing a weekend ride, my mind went
something along the lines of that 23 miler we did a few weeks back would
make a nice evening jaunt for a couple of nights to compensate. At the
present rate of progress we will reach 100km somewhat in advance of
September. Started in March at 13 miles, in May we're up to 44, so by
September it should be, oh hell, over 100!
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Steph Peters delete invalid from lid
Old May 11th 05, 11:29 PM
Steph Peters

David Martin of The University, Dundee, DD1
4HN, Scotland, UK. wrote:
I will admit, in moments of delusion, to planning out a route for riding to
the York rally at audax pace (faster than 15km/h overall). This has to be
complete madness because:

1. the furthest I have ridden this year is 110km.
2. I plan to ride a 240km ride two weeks beforehand and have done minimal
training (allotment and boat have taken up most of my spare time)
3. I would be doing it on the roadised MTB with camping gear
4. it is about 450km+
5. The prevailing wind is againsterly

Ho hum

And I will admit to going so far as to look up the distance to York (70
miles or 113km), thinking I could do that in two days, ignoring the slight
matter of the Pennines, my total inability to climb hills, not to mention
lack of camping gear. The distinctly more serious option is to drive to a
friend's house and cycle from either Leeds (24 miles) or Malton (19 miles),
depending on which friend. Almost certainly won't happen though. And if it
does, it won't be at Audax pace - don't even go that fast on the computer,
never mind in elapsed real time.

Still, Sunday did exceed 2004's personal best ride.
--
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
Frank Leahy
Steph Peters delete invalid from lid
Tatting, lace & stitching page http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm

Bill 497 NYC...Ouch Joshua Goldberg Recumbent Biking 1 November 23rd 04 12:43 AM
Ouch - Cramp!! Succorso UK 16 May 3rd 04 09:03 PM
Ouch - almost cycling Thomas UK 13 February 5th 04 11:36 PM
ouch!! Pain is terrible don't suffer we have relief notjioxceg Stacy London Off Road 1 December 8th 03 06:06 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!! Krashin'Kenny Unicycling 21 October 25th 03 03:59 AM