Autumn happen, Bike Light come back

Old November 3rd 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_4_]

Default Autumn happen, Bike Light come back

We seem to be back on to bicycle lights again. I just received the regular
advertising email from xxcycle.com in France and the subject line was
exactly the same as the subject line of this email.
"Autumn happen, Bike Light come back". It sounds like a line from a calypso
song.
PH

Old November 4th 13, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:08:47 PM UTC-5, Peter Howard wrote:
We seem to be back on to bicycle lights again. I just received the regular

advertising email from xxcycle.com in France and the subject line was

exactly the same as the subject line of this email.

"Autumn happen, Bike Light come back". It sounds like a line from a calypso

song.

PH

Sung to the tune of, "Day O".

"Autumn happens, bike light come back! Not so good ride at night in black.

Add your own lines.

Cheers
Old November 4th 13, 10:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:00:02 -0800, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Sung to the tune of, "Day O".

"Autumn happens, bike light come back! Not so good ride at night in
black.

Oooooooh. OOooooooooooh Dynohub!

Avoiding da potholes hiding in da leafmulch, not a baterry in ba-a-a-ack,

Oooooooh. OOooooooooooh Dynohub!

Over to you.
--
davethedave
Old November 4th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/3/2013 3:08 PM, Peter Howard wrote:
We seem to be back on to bicycle lights again. I just received the regular
advertising email from xxcycle.com in France and the subject line was
exactly the same as the subject line of this email.
"Autumn happen, Bike Light come back". It sounds like a line from a calypso
song.

At least in the U.S., daylight savings time ended yesterday so it will
be dark by 5 p.m.or so, necessitating the use of solid-on lights much
earlier (but lessening the need for solid-on lights in the morning).

Autumn is not really relevant anymore in terms of bicycle lights "coming
back." In the U.S., bicycle lights are being used year round, especially
in flash mode in the daytime (you'd be hard-pressed to find a
battery-powered bicycle light without a daytime flash mode and even some
dynamo lights are adding flash mode). Most cyclists that I see commuting
now have their lights on whether day or night which makes them much more
conspicuous.

It's a good time to repost the URL for the Six No-Compromise
Requirements for bicycle lights. http://nordicgroup.us/six/.
Old November 4th 13, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

YOU NO USE LIGHT

COME BACK IN SACK

BACK IN SACK

RPT

DEN WE PUT YOU IN HOLE

YA

DEN WE.....

Old November 4th 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, November 4, 2013 12:28:25 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
[...]

The flash modeo one most battery powered lights is tthere for one very simple rraason and that reason is to give you some light to get home on if your battery runs low. Many lights will run for a fair bit and still be bright in flashing mode where they'd be quite dim in steady mode.

Cheers
Old November 4th 13, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Monday, November 4, 2013 2:40:35 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
YOU NO USE LIGHT

COME BACK IN SACK

BACK IN SACK

RPT