Cycling jacket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 10th 04, 01:06 PM
Brad

Default Cycling jacket

Ok, the cold weather will be upon us here in Colorado any time and
I've decided to purchase a better jacket this year. I've been using a
Pearl Zypher (sp?) jacket but it doesn't breath worth a damn.

So, I'm looking for something that will block the wind but is very
breathable. I don't care if its waterproof as I have other gear if it
gets that extreme. For this category of jacket it seems Windtex and
Windstopper are the materials of choice. Are there any others I
should look at?

Two jackets that have caught my eye are

Bergamo winter jacket
http://www.glorycycles.com/behewija.html

And VOLER's
http://www.velowear.com/store/prodin...m=6&mite m=10

A buddy has the Bergamo jacket but it's a bit pricey for my taste.
The Voler is better but still pricey in my book. I like both of these
because they should be breathable, have back pockets, and look more
"jersey like" than nylon jackets.

So, does anyone have anything they would recommend? I realize this is
a long post about a not so interesting topic but thanks for taking the
time to read it .