Hermanns H-One S Light

Old November 3rd 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default Hermanns H-One S Light

The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herrmans-H-O...item4178c953ad
Old November 3rd 13, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 04/11/13 06:53, Jay Beattie wrote:
The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts
out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was
first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my
dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same
people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herrmans-H-O...item4178c953ad

Reviews make it sound perhaps ok. (scroll down to find out about the 95
lux version).

http://swhs.home.xs4all.nl/fiets/tes.../index_en.html

--
JS
Old November 3rd 13, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_4_]

Jay Beattie wrote:
The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts
out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was
first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my
dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same
people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herrmans-H-O...item4178c953ad

A completely new brand to me but they certainly tell a good story on the
ebay page. I guess the only thing you can do is risk $65 and report back on
your findings. I got to googling the name, and found Herrmans own web-page.
Have you seen this page?
http://swhs.home.xs4all.nl/fiets/tes.../index_en.html
Part of an extensive website by a Dutch physicist (in English) who
apparently devotes all his spare time to his bicycle lighting hobby. He
deals with the Herrmann H-one S in section 2.v.8 and was not that fond of
it.
I'm personally content with my selection of B&M's, old and new for road use.
For off road use a couple of very cheap and cheerful Magicshines and an
expensive Australian made Ayup.
PH

Old November 4th 13, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:53:37 PM UTC-5, Jay Beattie wrote:
The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same people selling the PV-8..

-- Jay Beattie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herrmans-H-O...item4178c953ad

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

GRAVEYARD DYNO ?

raise worms ?

freeeeeaky
Old November 4th 13, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:01:56 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:53:37 PM UTC-5, Jay Beattie wrote:

The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herrmans-H-O...item4178c953ad

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

GRAVEYARD DYNO ?

raise worms ?

freeeeeaky

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...&q=SPOOK+LIGHT

Old November 4th 13, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/3/2013 11:53 AM, Jay Beattie wrote:
The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.

The reviews I read were not enthusiastic.

Just bill one extra hour and splurge for the SuperNova E3 Triple
http://harriscyclery.net/product/supernova-e3-triple-led-generator-headlight-w-multimount-2952.htmhttp://harriscyclery.net/product/supernova-e3-triple-led-generator-headlight-w-multimount-2952.htm

The Harris Cyclery web site states: "From the start, we have been
particularly impressed with the products from Supernova. Their E3 Triple
is the brightest dynamo headlight made. It is ideal for off-road use, in
particular. Some of our customers (and staff) are using it on their
daily commuters."

No doubt someone will object to this light on the grounds that in
Germany it is sold with a disclaimer that it isn't legal for on-road
use, but as Sheldon's site states, it is being used for commuting. It's
the only dynamo light that even comes close to being adequate for fast
commutes in high-traffic areas.
Old November 4th 13, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

http://harriscyclery.net/product/sup...led-generator-

headlight-w-multimount-2952.htmhttp://harriscyclery.net/product/supernova-
e3-triple-led-generator-headlight-w-multimount-2952.htm

The Harris Cyclery web site states: "From the start, we have been
particularly impressed with the products from Supernova. Their E3 Triple
is the brightest dynamo headlight made. It is ideal for off-road use, in
particular. Some of our customers (and staff) are using it on their
daily commuters."

No doubt someone will object to this light on the grounds that in
Germany it is sold with a disclaimer that it isn't legal for on-road
use, but as Sheldon's site states, it is being used for commuting. It's
the only dynamo light that even comes close to being adequate for fast
commutes in high-traffic areas.

But... But... But what about torches strapped to the bars?
--
davethedave
Old November 4th 13, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

But... But... But what about torches strapped to the bars?

THE VILLAGERS HAVE THE TORCHES AND ARE HEADED TO BALLMERS....

Old November 4th 13, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/4/2013 11:16 AM, davethedave wrote:

snip

But... But... But what about torches strapped to the bars?

Jay is looking for a dynamo light.

But you're absolutely correct that an appropriate flashlight/torch, with
a proper mount, makes an excellent bicycle light at a very reasonable price.

Old November 4th 13, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Monday, November 4, 2013 10:53:17 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 11/3/2013 11:53 AM, Jay Beattie wrote:

The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was first released. Anyone familiar with this light? I'm scoping out my dyno set up, and this one looks cheap and available through the same people selling the PV-8.

-- Jay Beattie.

The reviews I read were not enthusiastic.

Just bill one extra hour and splurge for the SuperNova E3 Triple

O.K., you and everyone else stop with the "bill on extra hour" thing. I doesn't work that way. Anyway, I think I'm headed the SuperNova direction, albeit reluctantly -- and after I pay my property tax bill. Yikes. I'm moving out of Portland.