Spot the mistake.

Old August 19th 05, 03:41 AM
Zoom

Default Spot the mistake.

http://tinyurl.com/9ckq7

Mistake number one.
If she was a lawyer she could have fiddled the system.

Mistake number two.
Should should have hit a cyclist. Cyclists don't count as human in the
eyes of the law.

Zoom
Old August 19th 05, 04:25 AM
cfsmtb

Zoom Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/9ckq7

Mistake number one.
If she was a lawyer she could have fiddled the system.

Mistake number two.
Should should have hit a cyclist. Cyclists don't count as human in the
eyes of the law.

Zoom

Ooooo, you're *so* cynical about this. Really can't blame you though..

Over at Wheels of Justice, we're fiddling around with getting
national strategy together, cyclist and non-cyclist contribution
welcome, read more here...
'Aus Wheels of Justice Forum
(http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/)
'Bicycle Justice blog' (http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com)
'WoJ yahoogroup
(http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelsofjustice/

--
cfsmtb

Old August 19th 05, 04:42 AM
SteveA

cfsmtb Wrote:
Ooooo, you're *so* cynical about this. Really can't blame you though.

Over at Wheels of Justice, we're fiddling around with getting
national strategy together, cyclist and non-cyclist contribution
welcome, read more here..
'Aus Wheels of Justice Forum
(http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/)
'Bicycle Justice blog' (http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com/)
'WoJ yahoogroup
(http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelsofjustice/)

I find the links with the police and the quality of the investigatio
that was done or not done to be most deserving of cynicism and concern

Steve

--
SteveA

Old August 19th 05, 04:53 AM
cfsmtb

SteveA Wrote:
I find the links with the police and the quality of the investigatio
that was done or not done to be most deserving of cynicism an
concern.

SteveA

You're entitled to your POV, but public perception is quite somethin
else. Further history to this case he
http://melbourne.indymedia.org/news/...ment.php#94077
Unfortunately there's the usual peanut gallery lurking in the comment
to the IM story, but several valid remarks as well

--
cfsmtb

Old August 19th 05, 06:59 AM
SteveA

http://melbourne.indymedia.org/news/2004/11/82340.php
Unfortunately there's the usual peanut gallery lurking in the comment
to the IM story, but several valid remarks as well.

My comment was directed at the McGee case rather than the Mel
motorcyclist who was killed by the drunk driver, but reading some o
the comments left on indymedia worries me seriously about drive
attitudes

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old August 19th 05, 08:49 AM
hemyd

"Zoom" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/9ckq7

Mistake number one.
If she was a lawyer she could have fiddled the system.

Mistake number two.
Should should have hit a cyclist. Cyclists don't count as human in the
eyes of the law.

Zoom

If she had hit a cyclist, the cyclist would have been considered as having
provoked her - by being there!

Henry.

Old August 19th 05, 01:03 PM
Peter Signorini

"Zoom" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9ckq7

Mistake number one.
If she was a lawyer she could have fiddled the system.

Mistake number two.
Should should have hit a cyclist. Cyclists don't count as human in the
eyes of the law.

My thoughts exactly when I heard about this one. Seems that in this legal
system if you don't have a motor underneath you, you are a second class
citizen, just asking to be run off the road.

A friend of mine is still waiting to see if the police or OH & S are going
to do anything to prosecute the company director who ordered his employee to
drive a truck with no brakes, which then failed to stop at traffic lights,
running through a bus shelter where his wife was reading her mail.

:mad

Cheers
Peter

Old August 19th 05, 01:58 PM
cfsmtb

Peter Signorini Wrote:

My thoughts exactly when I heard about this one. Seems that in thi
legal system if you don't have a motor underneath you, you are a secon
class citizen, just asking to be run off the road.

A friend of mine is still waiting to see if the police or OH & S ar
going to do anything to prosecute the company director who ordered hi
employee to drive a truck with no brakes, which then failed to stop a
traffic lights, running through a bus shelter where his wife wa
reading her mail.

:mad

Cheers
Peter

Yes, your friend (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) ha
mentioned this previously on a.b. Can't ever comprehend a situatio
like that. People interstate may not be aware that the Melani
Edwards case provoked protests in Victoria last year (refer to I
article in this thread), also refer to 'WoJ forum
(http://tinyurl.com/cpfyl) for further links

--
cfsmtb