No hiding from chamois?

Old February 27th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Squat'n Dive

Default No hiding from chamois?

I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???
Old February 27th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Feb 26, 7:15*pm, "Squat'n Dive" wrote:
I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???

do you time trail on your pudendum? are the Pro's time trailing on
their pudendums? pudendum to saddle nose? geeee they're really
faaarrrrrr forward there. does a chamois help? how many helpings of
chamois does it take to deflate?
I or we sorrry, use a superduper paper or plastic, pastic grocery bag
on the saddle. really slippery. reduces sitbone dermal layer fatigue.
tryit, they're cheap.
Old February 27th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"Squat'n Dive" wrote:
I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???

I never understood why someone would want a wild mountain sheep in
his/her shorts.

There are some shorts marketed towards recumbent riders that lack
chamois (real or synthetic).

Old February 27th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Tom Sherman wrote:
I never understood why someone would want a wild mountain sheep in
his/her shorts.
There are some shorts marketed towards recumbent riders that lack
chamois (real or synthetic).

Why chamois? Because natural skin has no weave or direction and is quite
absorbent. The best modern synthetic liners are the equal of chamois,
yet require much less tedious care.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old February 27th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Sherman wrote:
I never understood why someone would want a wild mountain sheep in
his/her shorts.
There are some shorts marketed towards recumbent riders that lack
chamois (real or synthetic).

Why chamois? Because natural skin has no weave or direction and is quite
absorbent. The best modern synthetic liners are the equal of chamois,
yet require much less tedious care.

Here is a fine example of a synthetic chamois:
http://www.tcs.hut.fi/~hhk/kuvia/srt/Chamois%20Summer%20color.JPG.

Old February 27th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

CC sells to upscale Mitty types. Speding tooooooo many hours on the
saddle posing in front of the local glacier waiting for a car filled
with horny tourists requires bottom end lube vaoiding dermal trauma.

"That's lijke", quoting an authority, the plastic bag. If your bottom
skin grips your shorts or trou fabric, thousands of small dermal
cracks or fissures occur or open as it were.

Placing a lubricant like Moose Juice or blubber works but softens skin
eventually causing more fissures. Enter the chamois, BANG BANG BANG
BANG.

Dry lube.

like the bag?
Old February 28th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Feb 26, 10:09*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:
Here is a fine example of a synthetic chamois:
http://www.tcs.hut.fi/~hhk/kuvia/srt/Chamois%20Summer%20color.JPG.

Complete with target rings.
DR
Old February 28th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard

"Squat'n Dive" wrote in message
I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???

Just started using MTB shorts with chamois built in for road touring. That's
the baggy ones with a close fitting lycra inner like conventional road
shorts and I like them because they preserve my modesty, the skin of my rear
end and also make my fat gut less noticeable.

My grown up non-cycling niece saw my new MTB shorts pegged out on the
clothesline with lycra inner and bright yellow coolmax chamois pulled inside
out for quick drying. "What on earth is that?" she asked. I explained that
they were the special incontinence model of shorts for elderly cyclists.

PH

Old February 29th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
"Peter Howard" wrote:

"Squat'n Dive" wrote in message
I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???

Just started using MTB shorts with chamois built in for road touring. That's
the baggy ones with a close fitting lycra inner like conventional road
shorts and I like them because they preserve my modesty, the skin of my rear
end and also make my fat gut less noticeable.

My grown up non-cycling niece saw my new MTB shorts pegged out on the
clothesline with lycra inner and bright yellow coolmax chamois pulled inside
out for quick drying. "What on earth is that?" she asked. I explained that
they were the special incontinence model of shorts for elderly cyclists.

and she said ...

--
Michael Press
Old February 29th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
It's Chris

Contrary to popular belief, chamois is not for padding, but to prevent
chaffing. If you want a non-chamois-ed short (chamois is unnecessary on
a recumbent), then go for regular gym tights, available at just about
any sport shop.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"