Yet Another Biking Massacre!

Old June 2nd 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
rms[_2_]

Default Yet Another Biking Massacre!

Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
tour:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...ike_along.html

rms

Old June 3rd 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sir Ridesalot

On Jun 2, 6:52*pm, "rms" wrote:
Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
tour:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...___article.htm...

rms

Hi.

Another tragedy.

And why does the media always call these bike *TOURS* *RACES*?

I ride a number of organized tours every year. For some reason when
ever they get mentioned in the media, especially in the printed media,
they are referred to as races.

My sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims.

Peter
Old June 3rd 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
EASTSIDECOMMUTER

That is quite possibly one of the most insane pictures I have seen in
a long time. People never cease to amaze me......Prayers to the
families....
Old June 3rd 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mark Shroyer

On 2008-06-02, rms wrote:
Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
tour:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...ike_along.html

Mexican coverage of the aftermath (warning, rather gruesome):

http://www.imparcialmatamoros.com.mx...a2Galeria.html

--
Mark Shroyer, http://markshroyer.com/contact/
I have joined others in blocking Google Groups due to excessive

Old June 3rd 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Real gringo named "lopez". Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

On Jun 3, 5:35*pm, Werehatrack wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:32:37 -0700 (PDT), may have
said:

I bet the driver is illegal. *Why cant we get rid of them all?

Yeah, looking at the US banana boat he was driving, he probably was a
Gringo all right. *Mexico *should* toss all those drunken Norte
assholes back over the border.

Old June 3rd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hank

said:

I bet the driver is illegal. *Why cant we get rid of them all?

Yeah, looking at the US banana boat he was driving, he probably was a
Gringo all right. *Mexico *should* toss all those drunken Norte
assholes back over the border.

Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.- Hide quoted text -

Reading comprehension: not so much his strong suit.
Old June 3rd 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT), Hank may
have said:

On Jun 3, 1:47*pm, wrote:
Real gringo named "lopez". *Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

Reading comprehension: not so much his strong suit.

Yup. Ctrl-k was made for time like this.

Old June 3rd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:14:25 -0700, "Bill Sornson" may
have said:

rms wrote:
Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros
bike tour:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...ike_along.html

rms

Unbelievable pic:

http://news.yahoo.com:80/nphotos/Mat...ZtfYR6GWgDW7oF

Another photo shows the perp in what I assume was the local lockup,
and I'd swear he had a cell phone in hand. Any side wagers that he
was on it at the time of the atrocity?