Looks like an exciting Vuelta !

Old July 30th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default Looks like an exciting Vuelta !

When was the last time a TDF winner started the Vuelta ? Ullrich in
2000 I guess, but he quit quickly as he was preparing for the
Olympics.

Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?
Old July 30th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 29, 6:56 pm, Keith wrote:
When was the last time a TDF winner started the Vuelta ? Ullrich in
2000 I guess, but he quit quickly as he was preparing for the
Olympics.

Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

Chris Horner is racing for Astana now so Evans will have to fancy 2 or
3 or worse. 2007 TdF... ...Never mind.
Old July 30th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Jul 30, 7:08*am, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:50:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 29, 6:56 pm, Keith wrote:
When was the last time a TDF winner started the Vuelta ? Ullrich in
2000 I guess, but he quit quickly as he was preparing for the
Olympics.

Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

Chris Horner is racing for Astana now so Evans will have to fancy 2 or
3 or worse. *2007 TdF... ...Never mind.

Yay! I mean, what is this Vuelta, of which you speak?

(link?) It's in Sept, right? What about August. WHAT will we do in
August?

There are still 3 races of importance:

Aug 9 Jeux Olympiques - Olympic Games - ind (Chn)

Aug 30 Vuelta a Espańa

Sep. 28 Championnats du Monde UCI RR World Championships
Ita
Old July 30th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 29, 7:56*pm, Keith wrote:
When was the last time a TDF winner started the Vuelta ? Ullrich in
2000 I guess, but he quit quickly as he was preparing for the
Olympics.

Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

You don't discount Sastre's chances against Contador? Sastre isn't
fit to carry Contador's lunch pail.
Old July 31st 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

You don't discount Sastre's chances against Contador? Sastre isn't
fit to carry Contador's lunch pail.

right, and you seem to forget that had it not been for Rasmussen
pullng Contador up the slopes he wouldn't even have won last year.
Old July 31st 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ron Ruff

The Vuelta has always been the only Tour of 2008.
Old July 31st 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Ron Ruff wrote:

The Vuelta has always been the only Tour of 2008.

Well, it's the only Tour left,

Old July 31st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 30, 5:20*pm, Keith wrote:
Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

You don't discount Sastre's chances against Contador? *Sastre isn't
fit to carry Contador's lunch pail.

right, and you seem to forget that had it not been for Rasmussen
pullng Contador up the slopes he wouldn't even have won last year.

And you seem to forget that it is VERY likely that Rasmussen was doped
to the gills. Oh, and while it is indisputable that Rasmussen was
pulling Contador, it is also indisputable that no one else, especially
Sastre, was capable of keeping up w/ Rasmussen. Contador was the only
one who could, and the only one who did.

exciting new transmission [email protected] Techniques 3 September 10th 07 03:32 AM
How exciting... Scoot Racing 3 July 9th 06 03:18 PM
Ooh that sounds exciting.. David Martin UK 3 May 26th 06 08:26 PM
Exciting new STI failure mode Rough Falernian Techniques 0 October 8th 05 02:17 AM
Exciting Wednesday night Tamyka Bell Australia 30 October 24th 04 05:04 AM